Business Operations Manager Fashion
The Fashion team is looking for a Business Operations Manager who will lead, coordinate & execute project plans for the fashion operations group. The Business Operations Manager is responsible for process planning & analysis, program management, & governance related activities for Fashion to drive operational excellence for the overall team. This position reports to the VP, Fashion Operations. Ultimately, your goal is to help transform the face of Fashion at Walmart & Jet.
This person will serve as the main point of contact & communication lead for the fashion team on key operational projects, you will be accountable for successful management of assigned projects while making sure all deliverables are on time & within budget with a positive & fierce go getter attitude. This person must be able to communicate clearly, understand complex situations while being able to explain & digest in a simplistic way, understand the business needs, gather project requirements, set timelines, & manage cross functional team expectations.
- Partner with eCommerce Fashion Group leadership to drive & support key projects that will enhance the digital experience on both short term & long-term projects & streamline operational processes
- Identify & prioritize key business needs, quickly identifying actions for improvement with an agile mindset to roll new ideas out, test & improve
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously & develop clear project plans including timelines, deliverables, value at stake, stakeholder communications, & analyses required
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in metrics & data analytic programs & apply this to the development, execution, & improvement of action plans
- Responsible for ensuring project plan is fully up to date, recaps are distributed, & required tasks are completed on time
- Ensures operational objectives are communicated to cross-functional business partners & external partners to raise awareness of business performance & drive consensus to improving operational efficiency
- Manage the continuous improvement of process, tools & people by building a feedback loop with the right stakeholders
- Provide operational support / manage operational escalations for Fashion with cross-functional partners
- Build, develop, & maintain strategic, cross-functional stakeholder relationships by identifying key partnerships across the company
- Manage relationships & communicate project information to all stakeholders at a level appropriate to their needs.
- Organize & lead cross functional meetings to ensure all stakeholders are involved in current discussions & receive clear guidelines on appropriate next steps
- Gather & provide post-implementation analysis ensuring we have the required resources & processes in place for long-term success
- Constantly analyze the ecommerce fashion competitive landscape to understand & influence trends that are shaping the industry
- Be customer-centric & focused on delivering seamless experiences
Youre a risk takera dreamer that delivers. You have big ideas & can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know whats happening in the world. You have a passion for innovation in eCommerce.You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
- Experience as a consultant / Associate at a management consulting firm
- Strong business acumen & demonstrated proficiency in general business disciplines
- Analytical & deductive reasoning skills
- Stickler for process & organized project management
- Experience in Microsoft Excel & Power Point
- Entrepreneurial mindset: belief in bold ideas & the power of creative thinking to get to yes
- Bias for action: desire to test concepts in the field quickly
- Deep passion for retail, eCommerce, and/or consumer technology
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves & dig into the details
- Great team player & collaborator
- Great attention to detail & exceptional follow through
- Interpersonal Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to effectively build & manage relationships
- Proven strength in both oral & written communication skills, including the ability to develop & deliver presentations to senior management & large groups in a professional, concise & direct manner
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources
- Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources & deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively & independently, even in areas of uncertainty & ambiguity.
- You have deep customer empathy, & champion the needs of customers & stakeholders throughout the development process.
- You are intellectually curious, technically savvy, & maintain a sense of humor & humility.
- Ability to model Wal-Mart's three core values: Respect for the individual, Service to our customers, Strive for excellence
- The ability to anticipate business issues & influence managerial attention
- Ability to clearly state the vision & then successfully translate that vision into executable steps
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in business, retail or related field & 8 years experience in business, retail or related field
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years of retail experience
- eCommerce, retail & technology experience
- At least 2 years experience as a consultant / Associate at a management consulting firm
Join a mission-oriented company that cares about customers & the environment:You will be making a real difference by helping busy families save money & time so that they can live better, & you will be part of a company that is using its strengths to promote the well-being of people & our planet.
Be part of a diverse, dynamic & fun work culture:Product managers, Merchants, Marketers, Engineers & Designers collaborate to envision, prototype, & bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible & fun work culture. Were passionate about empowering people to live & work brilliantly.
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, youll be able to access the resources & scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology & nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What were saying is, this isnt your average day job. If youre hungry to catapult ideas into action & own your career, lets chat.