Who We Are:
Whistle is an entertainment media brand that creates, curates & distributes brand safe video content that is positive, relatable, & uplifting.We inspire our highly-engaged audience by blending proprietary data-driven insights & showcasing unparalleled in-house production capabilities through original programming across multiple passion points.Join Whistle, our LA based studio, New Form, & recently acquired mobile-first lifestyle studio Vertical Networks if you're looking to make an immediate impact at an innovative company that is quickly evolving to match the changing consumption habits of today's generation.
We're growing fast & are looking to add top talent to our team that's ready to grow with us! Check us out atwhistlesports.com
As Director of People & Culture, you will play a leadership role overseeing all Whistle employees in partnership with the CFO & President. You will be instrumental in building & evolving our Operations functions, supporting strategic goals, negotiating employment agreements, ensuring compliance with employment laws & regulations & championing our values.
Primary Responsibilities Human Resources:
- Evaluate the current HR processes & make necessary changes according to the industry practices.
- Oversee the recruitment, interview, selection, & hiring processes.
- Oversee all HR initiatives, systems & tactics & maintain staff records.
- Create & / or update policies, procedures, & guidelines as needed. Monitor adherence to internal policies & legal standards.
- Serve as the point of contact for employment relations & communicate with department of labor on employment & employment tax related matters.
- Anticipate & resolve litigation risks. Participate in the exit interview process.
- Prepare & analyze HR metrics & provide reports that support decision making in specified areas.
Primary Responsibilities People & Culture:
- Suggest appropriate innovative measures for improving performance evaluations, employee engagement & retention.
- Create processes to ensure that we build a high-performing, mission-driven team while maintaining the unique culture as we scale.
- Deal with grievances & violations invoking disciplinary action when required.
- Implement new staff recognition & reward programs.
- Develop & implement strategies to increase diversity & inclusion within the organization.
- Participate in coaching, counseling & advising management & staff to ensure resolution of employment related matters.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree & a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in similar roles.
- Excellent interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills are essential. Ability to lead meetings & presentations, & ability to interface with all levels of staff with tact.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-starter, collaborative & solution minded.
- Familiarity with all aspects of HR, including compensation, recruitment, benefits, training.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint. Advanced knowledge & experience of a mainstream PEO system (Trinet, ADP, JustWorks, etc.).
- Able to work in a dynamic & fast-paced environment, with tight deadlines, & be able to multitask, manage & prioritize appropriately.
- Quick study who can get up to speed on an evolving business model & the role each team plays in its success.
- Ability to travel to our brand offices when needed.