We need your ideas & passion for good, clean code! A great position for a front-end enthusiast who wants to code things The Right Way. Opportunity to help lead the development & implementation of extensive new user-facing products & features; new shared packages; & collaborate with our services team on internal APIs. Additional coding to optimize existing repositories, as necessary.
See our Github<https://github.com/1stdibs> for some of what we do.
What you will do
- Use your thorough understanding of core client-side technologies to architect complex user interactions for desktop & mobile browsers using React & Relay
- Enjoy developing with our state-of-the-art front-end stack which includes Node.js, Express, TypeScript, GraphQL, webpack, ESNext, Sass (CSS Modules), & Git (with Github)
- Create universal JS modules to be used on both the client & the server
- Lead, direct & mentor more junior team members (including code review)
- Provide informed estimates on project timelines & resources
- Take part in decision-making around major architectural choices of the front-end team
- Cover your code with unit & integration tests written with Jest & Mocha
- Work with our top product team which includes former leaders from Gilt, eBay, & Etsy
- 4+ years experience developing sophisticated consumer-facing web sites
- 1+ major React projects completed
- Extensive Node.js experience
- Understanding of performance-related trade-offs & how to squeeze the most performance from a web page
- Experience mentoring & directing a team (major plus)
- Be awesome & make those around you awesome!
- Ability to bring your intellectual curiosity & thoughtful opinions with you every day
- An appreciation for one-of-a-kind items such as furniture, art, & jewelry always welcome
- Your participation in the larger developer community is strongly supported & encouraged!
- Interesting challenges & always evolving tech-stack
- Highly talented & experienced colleagues to gather knowledge from & grow together
- A team culture that encourages consistent feedback, transparency, & open communication
- Generous paid parental leave
- Wellness program rewards/additional health insurance
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace for connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers & makers of vintage, antique, & contemporary furniture, home dcor, art, fine jewelry, watches & fashion.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.