Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times Best Places to Work, Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
Who were looking for:
You are exceptionally hardworking, innovative, & want to help us scale our business by identifying & creating new qualified sales opportunities in target accounts. Youll be managing the inbound lead activity, qualifying active buying interest & developing opportunities with our prospective game studio accounts. In this role, youll get first-hand training, learning about all aspects of the sales cycle, while helping us communicate the value of Skillz directly to our customers. You are ambitious, hungry & smart, & you want to work with a company thats as high potential as you are.
Our Enterprise Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) are the first point of contact for our game studio customers. SDRs demonstrate high levels of professionalism & Skillz product knowledge. They are creative, passionate, & collaborative. Day to day responsibilities include reaching out to game studio leads, qualifying & routing them to Account Executives, & tracking data that will help optimize our sales efforts.
This role is for entry-level talent looking to launch their career in software sales. If you are a strong communicator & have a knack for getting thing done, Skillz is the place for you to launch your sales career!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop a healthy pipeline of game studio client prospects
- Actively hunt & prospect for new game studio customers
- Use Salesforce.com for lead management & sales forecasting
- Follow up on a high volume of new leads in a rapid manner
- Maintain accurate pipeline information & help the Skillz product team to better understand market, customer & sales team feedback
- At least 1 year of professional experience in lead generation ideally for a technology company
- Prior successful sales or lead qualification experience is a plus but not necessary
- Strong problem-solving skills & demonstrated ability to overcome objections
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; team player
- Detailed oriented, interested in games, & has a competitive spirit
- Excellent quantitative, analytical & communication skills
- Experience in Salesforce (CRM) is a plus
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, & we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.