Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
The DFC Process Assistant is responsible for managing the workflow assignments for a specific department within a fulfillment & distribution environment while driving a positive employee experience.
Shift: Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm
What Youll Do:
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes & continue the onboarding process & ramp-up period post training for associates.
- Assist Operations Managers with the assignment of daily work responsibilities including allocating labor, leading shift start-up meetings & communicating with other departments.
- Quickly recognize, diagnose & solve workflow challenges for associates & partner with leadership to resolve issues.
- Monitor daily attendance & break periods & escalate to the Operations Manager as needed for corrective action.
- Tracking & reporting of labor hours & UPH.
- Verifying SOP/PMV compliance for the assigned department.
- Filling in as needed with hourly associate DFC department duties.
- Assisting with keeping the work area clean & organized.
- Identifying & addressing safety hazards within the work area & coaching associates to work safely.
- Participating in safety initiatives & escalating all safety violations as needed to Operations Manager & Safety Manager.
- Take on additional duties as assigned by leadership
- Must operate with a sense of urgency & have attention to detail.
- Align with the company's core values to ensure a world class Cinderella experience for RTR associates & customers.
- Preferred: Education beyond high school & prior experience leading teams.
- Positive can-do attitude with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving & analytical skills.
- Demonstrated written & verbal communication skills across multiple levels.
- Intermediate computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner, ladder, warehouse software).
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights & weekends as the business dictates.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50lbs based on the needs of the role.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.