Company Description|Job Description
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization - providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud & unstructured sources, & the agilest data services provisioning & governance - at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo's customers have gained significant business agility & ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web & cloud integration, single-view applications, & SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
In the 2015 Forrester Wave for Enterprise Data Virtualization, Forrester recognized Denodo as a leader in Data Virtualization & mentioned, Denodo is executing well on its vision to support more enhanced connectors & adapters to new sources; improve scale & performance to support complex & real-time analytics, & integrate with leading in-memory computing & cloud platforms.
Denodo is looking for a technical, passionate person to join our Consulting team in Tokyo. We are looking for a seasoned professional who will guide our clients' journey around data virtualization adoption.
In this role you will act as a Data Virtualization subject matter expert combining technical & client management expertise in short-term engagements with Denodo's new customers. Your mission: enable customers to realize the full potential of their Denodo deployment by setting the foundation for their data virtualization program, architecting the solution & supporting operations & development teams as they mature their deployments to an enterprise level.
Duties & Responsibilites
Desired Skills & Experience:
- University Degree in information systems or computer science (Bachelor or Masters)
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills to be able to interact with technical & business counterparts
- 8+ years of experience in customer-facing positions
- Deep knowledge of technologies & markets that support data integration & analytics such as Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Science, etc.
- Active listener, inquisitive & passionate about technology
- Fast learners capable to step up in challenging situations
- Strong analytical & problem solving abilities
- Willingness to travel around 40% of the time
- Be a team worker with a positive attitude
- Experience working with Big Data & noSQL architectures
- Good understanding of the Internet of Things & Streaming technologies
- Experience in web technologies, architectures, & services (AWS, Azure, Docker, etc.).
- Knowledge of AI & Machine Learning software & techniques.
- Foreign language skills are a plus
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value & welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, & we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.