About the role
We are hiring for a Manager for our Corporate Compliance Testing, Monitoring & Reporting team. Youll help ensure we adhere to relevant federal, state, & local agency laws, regulations, & guidance, as well as industry standard practice. This will involve partnership with internal teams, as well as collaboration with our issuing bank partners legal & compliance teams. The Manager will scope & lead a team that will conduct complex compliance reviews as well as play an important role in driving the annual risk assessment, building our compliance monitoring capabilities, & reporting/issue follow-up processes.
This role cannot be performed in the state of Colorado.
In this role, you can expect to
- Scope & execute/oversee compliance reviews within various departments for key regulations & products in accordance with our testing methodology
- Drive & manage a portfolio of compliance testing/monitoring reviews as well as lead their team members as Chime grows.
- Gather & interpret findings/results, & report on effectiveness of compliance testing & monitoring to senior management.
- Be a strong business partner & work to identify solutions to issues/findings & perform follow-up to ensure remediation is successful.
- Identify trends, issues, & establish/develop/track key performance & risk indicators (KPIs/KRIs).
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable laws & regulations & understand regulatory impact of changes to product/service offerings.
To thrive in this role, you have
- Bachelor degree. Juris Doctor, AML/CFT certified, ACAMS, and/or CFE preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years of legal or compliance experience in the banking and/or FinTech space. Experience in compliance or risk consulting is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of core banking processes (deposits, credit, money movement) & key laws, regulations, guidance, & industry-standard practices such as UDAAP, Regulation E, D/DD, Z, V, GLBA, SR 08-8, BSA/AML, Sanctions, InfoSecurity Frameworks ISO 1799-2005, ITIL, SDLC, PCI-DSS, GDPR/CCPA, etc. & associated regulations.
- Self-starter who can proactively manage ambiguity, multiple workflows, deadlines, as well as get into the details.
- Analytical skills, such as SQL or data visualization, are a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills with strong ability to present to executives & senior management. Effectively explain laws, requirements, & testing results/findings in plain language for a broad set of stakeholders.
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees & helping people grow their savings automatically, weve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest & fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, & more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech & were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, & others.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits
- Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- Generous vacation policy & company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., & delicious snack boxes, too!
- A challenging & fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech & help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, & inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, & ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members & helps us all grow as Chimers & individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, & any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer & will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Cook County Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects & uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.