The 1stdibs brand voice informs, inspires, & intrigues consumers with discerning taste, design enthusiasts, trade members & casual collectors. We are currently seeking a full-time Marketing Copywriter who will join our intrepid Marketing team & embody our brand identity. In this role, you will create compelling & concise copy that delights our audience, improves our customer experience & drives sales. You will partner with in-house creative thought partners in design & marketing to produce & optimize material to bring to market via our website, app, email, ads & direct mail.
In this role, youll report to the head of customer marketing & have high visibility across the organization with a chance to shape the 1stdibs brand voice & drive significant sales growth. In addition to being a strong writer with a track record of testing wins, you need to be highly organized & able to juggle multiple projects across multiple channels.
What you'll do
- Work with our talented design & merchandising teams to create beautiful experiences that introduce users to our brand, boost engagement & ultimately drive sales & satisfaction with language that is clear & compelling throughout the customer journey
- Partner with email marketing & creative services colleagues to highlight the worlds top design while driving intended customer actions (opens, clicks, conversions) via subject lines, headlines, body copy & calls to action
- Collaborate with our paid media team to write compelling ad copy for search ads, banner ads, postcards, & content marketing headlines
- Work with our social media team on punchy & fun copy that gets strong customer response
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of copywriting experience with extensive digital & direct marketing work
- Expertise to write sharp on-message copy & the knowledge to know when to propose something fresh & different vs a more consistent, clear & concise option
- Track record of driving business growth
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates compelling direct response writing
- Ability to work well under pressure & with tight deadlines
Not required but a bonus (traits that would make for the ideal candidate):
- Passionate about design
- Previous experience working across a variety of teams within an organization
Please include a cover letter & 3-4 relevant writing samples that include direct response & ad or social copy. Only candidates who provide samples will be considered for this opportunity. A link to an online portfolio is ideal (please include URL on resume), but we will also accept other concise written samples.
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, & Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.