Mid Level UX Writer
As an UX Writer, you will be writing for end user & associated-facing features, documentation & customer communication as well as maintaining existing user interface copy by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand.
You will design, build & constantly optimize our copy guide as needed using testing tools that validate your ideas. Primarily you'll work alongside Product Designers to build a consistent, instructional & accessible experiences & then create & optimize our tone of voice around the world, strategically defining & shaping the voices of the products we develop.
You'll interact directly with Senior Product Designers, Product Managers & Engineers in order to improve Gympass' current & future products.
Here you are encouraged to identify new opportunities for user experience improvements. We strive to understand our user behaviors & translate them into product initiatives that encourage people around the world to defeat inactivity.
What You'll Do
- Build collaboratively & own the copy strategy & execution across all Product Design initiatives;
- Strategize & build a tone of voice to our product around the globe;
- Ensure consistent copy across Gympass' user experience;
- Write instructional, accurate & helpful customer-focused copy within forms, onboarding flows, search experience, push notifications & more.
- Own the copy strategy & execution across all UX initiatives.
- Write copy for all UX projects; translating complicated concepts into jargon-free copy;
- Support our design system, providing consistent rules covering a variety of use cases;
- Help to evolve our cross-brand voice & tone as needed, working close to the branding team;
- Build an consistent & strategic Writing Program with new methods, process & workflow;
- Test & improve the instructional level of the copy as well as our tone of voice across our different languages, interacting in english with country representatives around the world (USA, Germany, Italy & others).
What You'll Need
- You're basically a designer that uses writing as your solving problem tool;
- An excellent communicator, that doesnt need a lot of words or jargons to make a point understandable;
- Passionate for building incredible user experiences;
- Experience working with user research, usability tests & driven by customer feedback;
- Familiarity within UX writing, content strategy & technical writing using different research methods focused in User Experience (not Marketing or Advertising);
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Library Science, Journalism, Marketing or related;
- Familiarity testing with prototypes (rough drafts & sketches, paper prototypes, working prototypes) & live builds;
- Demonstrate strong analytical & problem solving skills, & the ability to quickly develop recommendations based tested evidences;
- Excellent communication skills is a must, you need to be able to articulate ideas clearly when speaking in Portuguese & English (Spanish is a huge plus);
- Able to work independently on multiple projects at once;
- Ability to organize & prioritize while working on multiple, simultaneous projects of varied size & complexity.
Bonus Points If
- You have experience & interest in UI design;
- You have Design skills related to problem-solving methods like Service Design;
- Experience as a UX Designer or Information Architect;
- Fluency in Spanish (is very welcome);
- Experience working within a global team is a huge plus.