Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about helping developers learn everything they need to know to deploy their apps to the cloud.
We are looking for an expert DevOps Technical Writer who will help create educational resources on open-source cloud technologies for DigitalOceans Community site. Reporting to the Manager of Developer Education, the DevOps Technical Writer will research, plan, write, & maintain tutorials & curricula that help developers & businesses understand the foundations of cloud computing & leverage its emerging technologies. The DevOps Technical Writer should have a deep understanding of developing & deploying cloud-native applications, & be ready to generate tutorial ideas that explain critical concepts, solve problems, lessen pain points, & empower developers to make informed decisions about their use of the cloud. The DevOps Technical Writer will also participate in shared team tasks, such as peer reviewing team content, updating existing tutorials, participating in content sprints, & using internal & external data to drive content strategy. This is an opportunity to help educate the millions of users that visit DigitalOceans Community site each month & contribute to the future of developer education for the quickly growing cloud industry.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Research, develop, & write tutorials & curricula on cloud fundamentals & open-source cloud technologies using DigitalOceans Technical Writing Guidelines. You should be comfortable writing about topics like configuration management, monitoring, containerization, CI/CD, microservices, automation, & APIs.
- Actively contribute to the Developer Educations content strategy by staying up to date with emerging trends in the cloud community, collaborating with relevant teams in the Marketing Department, & using internal & external data to identify high-impact tutorial & curriculum ideas.
- Contribute to Developer Education team tasks such as maintaining the Community sites library of tutorials & participating in content sprints on a wide range of technical topics.
- Participate in the Developer Education peer review process by providing & accepting feedback to ensure content meets our high standards.
What Youll Add to DigitalOcean:
- A deep understanding of open-source cloud technologies & concepts & an ability to organize this knowledge into educational content that helps developers succeed. We are especially interested in candidates with experience in technical writing or technical documentation. If you have a writing sample that shows your expertise in this area, please share them in your application.
- Experience building or supporting cloud-native architectures & an empathetic understanding of the challenges & opportunities that come with the territory.
- Analytical & data-driven approach to evaluating the business impact of your work. You have a results-oriented mindset & are committed to making sure your efforts contribute to the overarching goals of the business.
- You are a supportive team player who enjoys collaborating with colleagues & contributing to a positive team culture.
- A strong command of the English language & an ability to translate complex technical concepts into clear, accessible prose.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC & Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!