DoubleVerify is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data & analytics that authenticates the quality & effectiveness of digital media for the world's largest brands & media platforms. DV provides media transparency & accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
Doubleverify uses an automatic classification engine to classify millions of pages per day & to ensure that advertisers are able to place their ads only next to content that matches their brand suitability preferences, & avoid questionable content.
This role is critical in supporting & enabling the automatic classification engine, as you would develop a multilingual ontology used for automatic text classification, with an emphasis on English language texts. This is done by finding key expressions & contextual conditions to enable the automatic classification system to recognize topics in texts. Additionally, you would be responsible for improving the mapping of these ontology topics to classifications by developing mapping conditions. In doing the work, you would use statistical metrics to improve overall accuracy.
This role doesnt provide support for relocation or work permit process.
- Fluency in English (both spoken & written)
- Effective teamwork & communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking & problem solving skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to use statistics in decision making
- Relevant education, such as linguistics, languages, or language technology
- Language skills in additional languages
- Nice to have but not required
- Prior knowledge of ontologies
- Understanding of regular expressions
- Knowledge of git version control system