Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimps partner program contains a robust community of software companies, integrators & app developers that play a critical role in driving value for our customers. We are looking for a partner manager who will manage & cultivate this community of technology partners. This person will serve as the primary liaison between our community of technology partners & MailChimps internal teams. They will help ensure that our partners have the resources they need to best support their clients who use MailChimp. This role requires an entrepreneurial mind that is able to build solutions, be proactive, & work cross-functionally.
What you'll do here:
- Account Management - Engage contacts & partners at various functional levels to educate, build, close, manage, & grow our partnerships with key companies as well as with our Technology Partner Community
- Accurately produce & manage a robust pipeline of incoming technology partners, including the use of our CRM tool to provide reports, updates & show progress
- Develop & grow deep relationships with technology partners across a comprehensive array of business categories
- Evaluate, vet, & prioritize technology partners & balancing the management of strategic vs. community partnerships
- Develop & drive joint go-to-market business plans with strategic partners, including quarterly business reviews
- Drive awareness & applications to the Mailchimp Partner Program
- Work directly with product managers & solutions engineers to define the best solution for our new strategic partners.
- Consistently cultivate new business opportunities with our existing strategic partners, as well as new partners
- Gain deep understanding of partner needs, target audience, key players, & industry trends
- Participate in industry events & maintain a steady cadence of personal interaction with technology partners
- Work with the product teams to conceptualize new strategic initiatives to grow our partner network & portfolio
- Convey feedback from technology partners to appropriate Mailchimp teams to help inform design, creation, & implementation of technology resources.
- Work effectively in a heavily cross functional, fast-paced environment
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience working for and/or partnering with small to medium-sized technology firms, preferably SaaS
- You have account management/sales experience
- You have experience negotiating agreements, including interpreting business terms in a legal documents
- You are knowledgeable about e-commerce platforms (WooCommerce, Big Commerce, Magento, etc)
- You have the ability to think through a long-term vision for a partnership, but realize & act on the small steps needed to get there
- You have exceptional people skills & are highly motivated & adaptable
- You have the ability to travel 30%+
- Bonus: You have experience with small businesses & products geared toward the small business customer
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.