People & Culture Intern
Who We Are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible & invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals & professional development, & fosters community. Our team's evolution, values & culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. With the meetings & office market growing rapidly & showing no signs of stopping, we are constantly evolving & growing our offerings from hosting meetings & events to providing a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
What Youll Do:
Were looking for a Human Resources Intern to join the Convene team. As a Human Resources Intern, you will directly assist the Human Resources team with a wide range of projects related to HR compliance, recruiting, onboarding/orientation, & employee benefits. This role works in a partnership with our culinary, production, & operations teams to ensure that we are able to exceed the expectations of our colleagues. We need someone personable with excellent verbal & written communication skills & a passion for human resources. All team members use Convenes Core Values to guide their day-to-day work.
- Learn process & standards for recruiting & onboarding
- Learn & operate HRIS/HCM system
- Assist Director of People & Culture with internal training programs
- Learn the relationship between HR & Finance in areas of new hire paperwork, payroll related to onboarding & termination
- Update People & Culture & team announcements
- Assist with New Hire Orientation
- Work closely with vendors by ordering office supplies, employee gifts, new hire gifts, etc.
- Review employee benefits process & troubleshooting any issues related to benefits
- Assist with driving employee relations
- Administrative support & other duties as assigned
What We Look For:
- Current student in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest to work in HR
- Ability to prioritize tasks & handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of hospitality & customer service
- Ability to communicate professionally with team members & clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & internet applications
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
Convene (www.convene.com) designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Chicago & plans to expand globally
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 LinkedIn Annual List of Industry Disruptors
- 2018 Great Places to Work US
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Workplaces NY
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits You Can Expect As A Convene Employee:
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growthHave a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year
- Supportive work environment & a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.