WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 Magazines 2019 Best Places to Work, & Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOULL DO
We're looking for a Senior Engineer for our Data Infrastructure team. The Data Infrastructure (DI) team builds & maintains a robust Kafka based event pipeline streaming tens of billions of messages daily that our customers leverage to analyze user behavior in near real time. You will help us architect, build, & optimize new, massively scaled data processing solutions storing petabytes of event data in Snowflake, as well as in various cloud storage destinations like Amazon S3 & web analytics platforms like Amplitude!
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years of relevant experience with a strong track record of success
- Have strong & good opinions about how code should be written, as well as good development practices
- Experience with Java & some data pipeline job processing or message queuing system, like Kakfa, SQS, or RabbitMQ, etc, for the core work
- Excellent communication skills & a user-centric attitude
- Calm, patient, considerate, compassionate, supportive, & encouraging
- Strong organizational skills & ability to keep track of multiple streams of work at once
- Experience with agile processes & tools such as JIRA
- Beneficial experiences: Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams, Ruby, Python, Redis, Snowflake, Kubernetes, Docker, Postgres
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks & beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, & fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information & how you can exercise your rights.