Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Operations Associate to join our Insurance Operations team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
You will oversee designing, optimizing & implementing processes & improvements into our claims operations platform. You will identify, scope, build, test, & implement solutions, with a focus on creating efficiency & scale through technology & automation. You will understand Oscar's infrastructure, underlying logic, & data models, & understand & translate requirements from partners.
You will report to the Operations Manager. This is a hybrid role, & you will work part of the time in the New York City office & part of the time working remotely.
- Oversee, design & prioritize technical operations roadmaps working to implement & improve efficacy & efficiency of existing operational processes or unlock new capabilities
- Lead & cross collaborate on iterative problem definition & technical design/scoping to build solutions
- Use data to independently guide decisions to affect strategy
- identify risks; respond to & resolve issues/errors/escalations through investigation to produce insights for short/medium/long-term technology-enabled solutions
- Distill the requirements of new product & market expansions & designs automated workflows to reduce manual work requirements
- Support engineers, analysts & other Operations team members to resolve escalations through issue investigation to produce insights, training, & technical tooling
- Understand the operations ecosystem, technology & data models & its current strengths, weaknesses, & gaps.
- Manage relationships with relevant partners as a representative of Insurance Operations
- A bachelor's degree or 4 years commensurate experience
- 3+ years experience in a technical role (QA analyst, PM, operations analyst, finance, consulting, industrial engineering)
- 3+ years experience in coding (e.g. SQL/Python) or similar database language experience (e.g. SQL)
- Experience in analytics & ability to find insights from complex, broad datasets
- Proficiency in designing & improving workflows & standing up accompanying operating & technical procedures
- An academic & professional background in coding, math, statistics, or data science
- Knowledge management, training, or content development in operational settings
- Process Improvement or Lean Six Sigma training
- Experience in healthcare, specifically claims processing or eligibility & billing
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.