DataRobot automates, trains, & evaluates predictive models, delivering more accurate predictions for the fastest path to data science success. We are a hard-working, friendly, casual environment with a passion for data science (and technology in general) & we have an opening for an enthusiastic & maniacally detail-driven Technical Writer.
The DataRobot documentation team serves two masters--we play a vital role in getting our customers up & running quickly & making sure that the details of our products are clearly described & easy to understand. We are also the internal go-to resource for the latest information on the DataRobot application. In short, we create world-class documentation to increase prospect conversion, customer adoption, & self-paced education.
The ideal candidate has technical chops, demonstrably strong communication & writing skills, & can effectively interact with other writers, software developers, data scientists, product managers, & project leads. You must be equally comfortable arguing the Oxford comma (include, of course), UI consistency, & confusion matrices. We are looking for writers with experience making complex ideas understandable & are open to candidates with a background in software engineering, technical writing, or the world of teaching, curriculum development, or scientific publication.
Sound interesting? If you are an excellent writer who never misses a deadline, prides yourself on flexibility & a sense of humor, & cant imagine NOT working in a start-up environment, read on.
- Produce high-quality documentation for web-based applications & APIs
- Publish weekly Release Notes for our Cloud-delivered software for delivery to a broad group of internal & external partners
- Produce how-tos, tutorials, user guides, & knowledge base content
- Help define & organize the DataRobot documentation offerings
- Understand very technical customer workflows & author documentation on advanced topics
- Write software documentation from technical specifications, discussions with developers, & hands-on experimentation
- Represent documentation requirements, timelines, & planning needs to engineering teams
- Contribute to doc standards, including participating in peer editing
- Excellent, clear, clean, accessible writing; obsessive eye for consistency & technical accuracy
- Proven experience producing technical content for public consumption
- Ability to thrive, without much oversight, in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple writing assignments simultaneously
- Bachelors degree & a minimum of 5 years experience in technical documentation or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Experience with source control systems & workflow tools--Git, JIRA/Confluence
- Strong attention to detail
- A proactive & open-minded attitude to resolving problems & delivering results
- Experience with machine learning, data science, APIs
- Experience with localization workflows
- Experience with Agile methodology
Individuals seeking employment at DataRobot are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.