VaynerMedia is a contemporary global creative & media agency with an expertise in driving relevance for clients & delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 & has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, APAC & LATAM. VaynerMedia has been recognized for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards & The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
In A Nutshell:
The Director, Paid Search will be tasked with high level operations management, fostering client relationships, & overseeing buying strategy & executional excellence. The Director reports into a VP, Media Lead & will work on a cohesive team consisting of buying, planning & analytics professionals working across one or more clients. Our Directors work closely with our clients, platform representatives, & vendors to ensure VaynerMedia is on the cutting edge of buying trends. We look for Directors that embody a true leadership mentality. We love seeing leaders that devote their days to making their teams successful, working for them, not above them, providing thought leadership, guidance & fostering their growth within VaynerMedia.
What Youd Do:
- Oversee a team of media buyers/planners providing leadership, mentorship, vision & technical expertise, as well as regularly meeting to get feedback, provide council, discuss problems or successes, etc.
- Act as the key contact for client & platform partners, operating as a go-to voice & leader.
- Lead check-ins with key account & media counterparts to ensure projects are moving ahead & are thoughtful, high quality, & exceeding client expectations.
- Develop & deliver sophisticated media investment strategies to clients, derived from industry insights & QA reporting.
- Create media plans, assist in presentation material creation, & provide strategic guidance on reporting calls with clients.
- Collaborate across agency disciplines to craft best-in-class, holistic omnichannel media strategies rooted in driving tangible business outcomes for large brands.
- Continue to establish internal policies & POVs on agency partnerships, the general digital media landscape, & current client business cases.
- Provide thought leadership around how the unit of business should be run, in tandem with setting both internal & external expectations as to the realities of daily business execution.
- Manage up to senior leadership corresponding the most crucial aspects of a client's business, keeping them abreast of any pertinent developments & urgent client needs.
- Work to proactively bring new/emerging opportunities to clients, pushing the envelope of media excellence.
- Forge new relationships with clients, & ultimately maintain account/s for the well-being of the immediate team & the larger agency.
- Work in conjunction with HR to teach, engage, & grow direct reports & provide a positive work environment.
What Youve Got:
- A minimum 6+ years of industry experience working in platform with a proven track record of executing sophisticated, large scale digital media programs that drove tangible business outcomes.
- A proven track record of large-scale media buying proficiency across several buying/ biddable platforms with particular depth in Paid Search (Google, Bing, Amazon)
Any Additional Experience in the following a plus:
- Paid Social/Programmatic
- Fluency with analytics, attribution & measurement systems. Including but not limited to:
- Google Analytics
- MOAT/IAS/Double Verify
- Nielsen/Millward Brown/Oracle Measurement
- Ability to lead by example in terms of attention to detail, general work ethic, empathy & internal/external professionalism.
- You live for todays digital & mobile consumer & is passionate about developing brand-specific strategies & constantly seeks out innovative partners/platforms to identify new opportunities.
- An individual who demonstrates the ability to navigate a portfolio of brands within a larger conglomerate or business group, gain an understanding of their unique company architectures, to build & strengthen relationships with essential stakeholders
- A person that is well versed in media who can utilize resources to help guide clients marketing goals in their respective markets (syndicated, proprietary, analyst data)
- Understand & adopt new techniques & technologies that are relevant for clients media strategies (with a calm & cool demeanor!)
Unsure if you meet the qualifications? We are always looking for talent which will continue to cultivate an inclusive & representative team that will enhance our perspectives, skill sets, background, & behaviors. We encourage those who are passionate about what we do to apply!
- Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, & location.
- Base Salary $120,000- $165,000
- Employer-sponsored 401k with match
- Medical, Dental, & vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Caregiver (Parental) Leave
- Health & Wellness benefits