Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.
We built Mode from the ground up as the best product for Analysts & Data Scientists. But as we grow, we find ourselves serving far broader audiences entire companies from Finance to Operations to Marketing to Engineering, & everything in between. For many of our customers, we are the source of truth for analytical decision making.
Now, our challenge is to building new experiences for larger audiences interested in leveraging data, while maintaining an experience that analysts trust to power their day to day. Mode's engineering team is entrusted with delivering on that vision & we are looking to bring in an empathic leader to help inspire the team to perform & grow at the highest level.
What you'll do
- Enable the Application Engineering team to deliver outstanding value to the business by ensuring operational excellence at every level
- Ensure well-defined career paths & growth opportunities for every engineer as well as exceptional coaching to Engineering management team
- Define & enforce quality standards for the organization & build processes to help achieve that goal
- Work with stakeholders across the company & on the executive team to ensure that the team is delivering value to Mode's business
- Recruit world-class engineering talent with deliberate & effective hiring strategies
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering leadership team
What we look for
- Prior experience managing engineering leaders
- Analytical mindset & strong prioritization of engineering investments that lead to maximum impact
- High degree of empathy & concern for team & individual outcomes
- Preference for fast-paced environments with tight feedback loops & continuous delivery
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy balance between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO & family leave
- Flexible work scheduleswe trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment & a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The base compensation range for this role is $215,000-$240,000 to be determined by level. #BI-Remote