Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Role:
As the Director of Learning & Development, you will create & implement a leadership development framework designed for our fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. You will develop a robust management curriculum & own all learning & development end to end.
You will be responsible for developing, implementing & maintaining strategic training initiatives to be scaled across the company.
Additionally, you will create innovative approaches around culture & development to retain & support our employees. This positions reports to the Sr. Director, Talent Acquisition & Development.
What Youll Do:
- Develop & manage leadership & management programs aligned with overarching organization development objectives & are tied to RTRs strategic objectives & goals
- Create the leadership development curriculum for RTR; deliver the content & consistently improve & evolve our training as we grow & scale the business
- Own RTRs new hire experience, evolving our current onboarding programing as needed & ensuring it continues to be right sized to our dynamic organization
- Become quickly immersed into the company culture, working closely with key business leaders to understand OKRs (Objective & Key Results) & ensure training programs support & align with larger company goals
- Create & implement training programs such as new hire training & onboarding, on-going development & other initiatives in support of business initiatives
- Design in-house scalable solutions that include a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, 1:1 sessions, action learning & e-learning
- Focus on delivering high impact training that maximizes learner participation, comprehension & application of the material utilizing technology, interaction, & innovative tactics
- Ensure consistency across the department as new training programs & operational standards are rolled out, including HR training
- Assist HR leadership in continually building bench-strength of leadership by determining needs through talent assessment, succession planning & individual development plans
- Develop solutions for increasing managerial & leadership effectiveness
- BA/BS plus 8+ years of experience in Learning & Development/Organizational Development
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus
- Demonstrated experience supporting Diversity & Inclusion programming
- Advanced training & facilitation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; demonstrated influence & excellent communication style
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly & positively to shifting demands & opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines & plan, organize & carry out multiple, detailed tasks
- Analytically sound with experience creating a framework for assessing, measuring & tracking L&D programming success
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.