Squarespace is motivated by great design in everything we do, & we believe that all ideas deserve to be presented beautifully. With that in mind, we are looking for a motivated & creative-first Business Affairs Manager who can partner with many departments, including creative, production, product, marketing, media, legal, & finance to ensure efficient & legally cleared final delivery of Squarespace's global creative & content work.
You are an excellent communicator who can advocate for the best creative outcome through building relationships across multiple teams including Creative, Production, Marketing, Finance, & Legal. You are able to work under tight deadlines & effectively assess & advise the creative team under conditions of uncertainty in order to achieve beautiful, legally-cleared results. You will report to the Senior Business Affairs Manager & will be based in our New York headquarters or our Los Angeles office.
While Squarespace employees will not be required to come back to the office until March 2022, vaccinated employees are currently welcome to work in the New York office & should discuss scheduling with their managers.
You'll Get To...
- Provide stakeholders with advice & counsel, research, & clearance on all work throughout the lifecycle of a project (including but not limited to TV, radio, print, OOH, banners, digital, in-product content, partnerships & non-creative work) from concept through delivery.
- Assist producers in managing production estimates & actuals, including creating requisitions/purchase orders in our financial system, processing invoices, & tracking payments.
- Draft, negotiate & closely review a wide range of agreements related to production, influencer marketing, partnerships, & the Squarespace product, such as production agreements, partnership agreements, talent agreements, NDAs, property & location agreements, image, footage & music licenses etc.
- Perform trademark, copyright, & internet searches for proposed branding, naming, taglines, design, etc.
- Maintain a tracking sheet containing usage terms & expiration dates of all assets with related third party permissions/rights.
- Assist producers & stakeholders in managing project folders, completion reports, project completion checklists & related documents.
- Identify new processes & procedures to improve business affairs workflows.
Who We're Looking For
- You have 3+ years experience in a similar role at a direct advertiser, advertising agency, or other relevant experience.
- A working knowledge of production, talent (including guild & union regulations), music, fonts, contract law & intellectual property rights (as applicable to the creative industry).
- Understanding of TV, radio, print, OOH, banners & digital production
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written & verbal) skills
- Ability to earn the trust & respect of stakeholders in a complex, unstructured environment with loose timelines.
- Interest in working on a wide variety of projects in terms of scope & complexity
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Benefits & perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.