BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a creative Video Editor to join our Post-Production team in a project-based capacity on Buzzfeeds newest channel: About to Eat. Were looking for experienced story editors who are passionate about food-based video content.
Example of storytelling style requested:
- Partner with Creative Producers & Post-Production team to create About To Eat video content
- End-to-end edit multiple videos & formats for the About To Eat channel
- Quickly assemble first cuts for story notes
- Implement changes to video edits given creative feedback & direction
- Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions if needed
- Maintain project organization & follow internal SOPs for project naming conventions
- 3+ years experience working in a professional environment on digital content
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OS & Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder & After Effects & 3rd party software
- Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines & deliverables
- Experience with simple motion GFX or static GFX (title cards, lower thirds) preferred
- Balance & grade color, & mix & level audio within Adobe Premiere or related software
- Advanced knowledge of Post-Production & Production process & equipment
- Working Knowledge of changing social & digital video platform landscape
- Emphasis on organization & attention to detail
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
- Passionate about telling stories highlighting food, culture, & people
- Fluency in multiple languages is a plus
- Experience in cutting content for a major digital brand
Send us your Reel!
- Share 3-5 samples of work that youve edited or your current reel.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.