TEDs Format Development team is looking for a Media Associate to play a vital role in supporting our video/podcast development & production pipeline. This individual is highly efficient & organized, enjoys troubleshooting, works well under pressure, & is comfortable with multi-tasking. We are looking for a self-starter whos always thinking ten steps ahead. Were looking for someone to take on this role for at least 1.5 years, after which there will be potential for growth in marketing and/or content development.
This role includes: supporting marketing campaigns for our shows, providing an extra hand in video production, & taking on administrative responsibilities. Having a demonstrated interest in media and/or social media (eg, an understanding of the video production process or working knowledge of the podcast industry, etc) is a huge plus.
The Format Development teams mission is to share ideas through content formats beyond the stage talk. On the podcast front, were responsible for creating & producing WorkLife with Adam Grant, The TED Interview & Sincerely, X. We also manage TED Talks Daily & oversee NPRs TED Radio Hour. Our short form video series includes The Way We Work, DIY Neuroscience, & Small thing Big Idea: Designs that changed the world. This small, tight-knit team spends most of our time taking new podcasts & video series from conception to completion.
This role reports directly to the Creative Director of Format Development, but will be working closely with everyone on our small team.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Has demonstrated success in project management.
- Is proactive, detail-oriented, & efficient; knows how to streamline & loves deadlines.
- Anticipates needs & helps their manager & team members stay focused on their projects by resolving operational & administrative issues before they arise.
- Is conscientious & executes their job with a high sense of ownership.
- Exhibits strong critical thinking & analytical skills.
- Is comfortable being with large groups of people & maintaining conversations with external guests. Embodies excellent phone manner & email etiquette.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, & experience in Keynote and/or Powerpoint.
- Is tech savvy & has strong online research skills.
- Has a deep knowledge & interest in media & culture. A love of podcasts is a big plus. So is a deep understanding of communication in the era of social media.
- A good sense of humor will make you shine in this role
- Lead the cross-promotional efforts of TEDs original podcasts, including maintaining existing relationships with other publishers & finding new collaborative partners.
- Maintain the TED Talks Daily editorial calendar & assist with tracking podcast marketing activities
- Support producers in production logistics, such as: booking studio space & crew, coordinating travel logistics, preparing call sheets & production schedules, organizing craft services
- Manage studio space including booking requests from internal departments & use of equipment
- Maintain & update the Format Development development & production document
- Take detailed meeting notes as needed
- Assist in scheduling & coordinating meetings & interviews when needed
- Track team expenses & invoice approvals
- Ensure that all team members are informed & included in company-wide news & activities, & connected to resources
- Support producers with content research as needed, such as finding guests for podcasts & video series
WORKPLACE CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL, MENTAL & VISUAL DEMANDS
- General: Office environment, Video & Audio studio
- Physical: Repetitive movement of wrists, hands, and/or fingers, Mental/Visual: Concentrated mental and/or visual attention; work involves performing tasks to very close accuracy & quality specifications.
- Machines, Tools, Equipment, Electronic Devices, Computer Software, etc.:
- Ability to use common office equipment such as telephone, computer & copier
- Computer programs to include MS Office, Mac programs, Google Docs, functional related databases as well as specialized audio/video production applications.
- Travel: Upon request / as needed