Who We Are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible & invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals & professional development, & fosters community. Our team's evolution, values & culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. With the meetings & office market growing rapidly & showing no signs of stopping, we are constantly evolving & growing our offerings from hosting meetings & events to providing a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
We are looking for a People & Culture Coordinator (HRC) to join the Convene team. You will play a vital role in supporting the People & Culture team with a wide range of projects related to HR onboarding/orientation, recruiting, compliance, Learning & Development, & employee benefits. The People & Culture Coordinator will utilize Convenes core values to drive operational excellence in our rapidly growing organization & ensure we are able to exceed the expectations of our colleagues. We need someone personable with excellent organizational & communication skills with a strong interest in a career in human resources.
What Youll Do:
- Responsible for the onboarding & life cycle process changes for employees:
- Create & maintain employee files electronically
- Generate offer letter & send out pre-employment paperwork to candidates
- Monitor pre-employment process & update team in a timely manner
- Generate promotion & transfer letters
- Assist with planning, preparing & executing New Hire Orientations
- Coordinate onboarding schedules
- Support recruitment efforts for the team by assisting with:
- Maintain up to date job descriptions for consistency
- Managing job postings
- Scheduling interviews
- Effective utility & maintenance of our ATS
- Conducting reference checks
- Following-up with candidates
- Review employee benefits process & troubleshooting any issues related to benefits
- Assist with Employee Relations activities to help drive company culture: holiday parties, team outings, recognition programs
- Assist with annual performance review & mid-year review processes
- Support Learning & Development initiatives as needed
- Handle ad hoc project as warranted
- Be a knowledge resource & answer general questions from colleagues in a timely manner
What We Look For
- BS/BA degree required
- 1+ years human resources experience preferred
- Convene Values & Cultural aligned
- Previous experience in Hospitality preferred customer service
- High level of accuracy & attention to detail
- Ability to communicate professionally
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & internet applications
- Proficient with utilizing various HRIS systems with strong aptitude for learning new systems
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work
2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
#11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
#30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO & family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growthHave a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Supportive work environment & a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- 401K match
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks