Oscar is seeking a strategic, thoughtful & empathetic senior leader to build, strengthen & further define our diversity & inclusion strategy. In this role, you will be the key thought leader & advisor to Oscar's executive leadership team around diversity & a strategic partner to business leaders across the organization. The ideal candidate will play a critical role in building, implementing & measuring strategies & programs that strengthen talent management, workforce representation, inclusion, & employee engagement at Oscar.
What you'll do:
- Build & maintain effective relationships with executives, managers, team members & HR partners to provide advice & guidance on complex D&I issues resulting in the best solution that will benefit the team & the business.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, internally to Oscar & externally to the marketplace, in diversity & talent strategy.
- Be an internal resource for executives, managers & team members & counsel on complex D&I issues, helping find solutions that benefit the team & the business.
- Create, leverage & drive data & metrics to inform our approach, hold leaders accountable & communicate priorities.
- Advise & guide Oscars Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) & grow them into strategic business advisors for the organization.
- Iterate on & elevate Oscar's D&I strategy, which may include:
- Defining accountability measures across the company
- Drafting & publishing our annual D&I Report
- Running our semi-annual Inclusion Survey & using the data to create initiatives that increase employee belonging.
- Creating semi-annual Executive Leadership Scorecards with strategic advice on how to improve D&I scores for excellent business outcomes
- Partner with L&D vendors to create & execute leadership, management & employee development programs to increase inclusion at Oscar.
- Establish Oscar as a leader of belonging & equity in HR & Recruiting practices.
- Oversee Oscar's Equal Opportunity compliance programs, ensuring all decisions, activities, programs, & services are equitable, objective & do not discriminate (or adversely impact) current (or potential) team members or stakeholders
- Manage the D&I budget & resources
- Be a subject matter expert best practices & current trends in diversity & inclusion
- Strengthen our external brand as a firm that values & celebrates diversity to attract & retain the best talent
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years of experience developing & executing diversity & inclusion strategies & programs in a growing organization
- Ability to handle complex employee relations issues with discretion, serving as a mediator & guide to successful conflict resolution across all levels of the organization
- Experience advising & growing Employee Resource Groups.
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to use data to create, develop & execute positive people strategies
- Be a true hands-on doer who loves to execute on positive & impactful people programs
- Excel at, & deeply enjoy, partnering with team members on executing programs & events
- Experience in the HR and/or Recruiting functions a huge plus
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policyhere.