Were looking for a part-time weekend & evening copy editor to join POPSUGAR, within Group Nine Media! As a member of the copy team, youll help copy edit all things POPSUGAR during weekends & three weekday evenings, for a total of 28 hours per week. Meticulous attention to detail, knowledge of pop culture, & an ability to be flexible are a must. This position is remote & reports to the copy chief.
The weekend & evening copy editor will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nines values: Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close, & Win Together.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Copy edit editorial posts across the POPSUGAR network for grammar, punctuation, clarity, style, accuracy, & spelling.
- Copy edit content for other departments throughout the company (video, marketing, native advertising, etc.) for grammar, punctuation, clarity, style, accuracy, & spelling.
- Be the only copy editor working during the weekend & evening shifts.
- Respond to copy questions from editors & other departments as needed.
- Attend biweekly copy team meetings & biweekly one-on-one check-ins with manager.
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Having a keen eye for detail & enjoying copy editing a wide variety of content.
- Being able to move quickly & shift priorities as needed.
- Being comfortable working solo & problem solving on your own, but also knowing when to bubble up a question or concern.
- Minimum 1 year of online copyediting experience (required)
- A thorough knowledge of grammar, punctuation, & AP & Chicago style (required)
- A knowledge of online media
- A love for & knowledge of all things pop culture
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Basic HTML skills
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.
POPSUGAR is the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. according to Comscore [Comscore, February 2020]. The company reaches young women through its positive & purpose-driven content across multiple platforms, spanning entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, parenting, & more. POPSUGAR reaches 1 in 2 Millennial women in the United States & leads all womens lifestyle publishers in user engagement [Comscore & Platform Analytics, 2019]. In November 2019, POPSUGAR joined Group Nine Media, the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S., & home to The Dodo, NowThis, Thrillist & Seeker [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].