Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center & business by unifying data from multiple sources & enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent & personalized service & support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, & UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum & Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, & is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures & Social Leverage.
About the Role
Kustomers backend engineers are responsible for building, scaling, & innovating on the APIs, data platform, & automations that power our customers support teams. We are all about microservices, CI & CD. Our platform is clean, simple & massively scalable in the cloud using the latest tools like MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Docker & AWS. We work closely with the frontend engineers & their React single page app, helping build for a simple & modern user experience.
This role sits on our Search & Reporting team - this team works on the features that help companies understand their customers at a glance & surface trends to provide a more personalized & efficient customer experience. In our case, this means building tools that are meaningful across industries & applicable regardless of what custom data a company is bringing in.
You'll be responsible for:
- Producing modular, well-tested, & documented code
- Developing & supporting a Single Page Application, Node.js APIs, backend services & data stores
- Collaborating on ideas & thinking through problems with the engineering team
- Contributing to application architecture with an eye on scalability, performance, availability, & security
- Publishing, deploying, monitoring, & troubleshooting code throughout a CI/CD microservices-based distributed application deployment pipeline
- Partnering with our product, design, & CX teams
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- 1-3 years experience
- You have a passion for developing high-quality, well-tested code
- Youre always refactoring your code to be cleaner & using build tools to optimize performance
- You have experience developing & debugging Node.js applications in a large-scale production environment
- Youre familiar with unit testing, integration testing, & end-to-end testing & know when each is appropriate
- You have experience with Github & Agile Development
- You're knowledgeable in deploying to & monitoring applications in AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- Youre comfortable communicating technical concepts to cross-functional teams
- You make others better through code reviews, thorough documentation, technical guidance, & mentoring
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, & a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: