About the role:
You are responsible for bringing Dig Inns personality to life through visual storytelling around all things culinary, people, & beyond. Our mission is to bring people together through food be it working with farmers to identify the best growing methods, concocting new dishes each season, or highlighting our cooks who are developing their culinary voice in our restaurants. We need you to help tell our story & give our guests a seat at the table.
About the team:
As the storytellers of all we do, the Marketing team showcases the great aspects of our brand & mission to the community across all consumer touch points. You will integrate with the team through digital outlets, partnerships, events, & press. The Marketing team is the voice of our organization & is continuously evolving with our fa(r)m.
- Own Dig Inns visual identity across all guest-facing collateral, including email, social media, our website & mobile app, online / offline advertisements, in-store / POS signage, & others
- Work with partners within the marketing team to develop & execute a seasonal campaign strategy, factoring in operational execution & relevant deadlines as related to the business. Manage execution, production, & fulfillment of online & restaurant collateral related to seasonal launches
- Manage execution, production, & fulfillment of print & digital assets for existing restaurants & new restaurant openings
- Work on creative & production for various photo & video shoots
- Collaborate with all departments (creatives & non-creatives alike) & restaurants on internal & external graphic design needs
- Update templates & designs of existing restaurant collateral
- Liaise with vendors, managing quotes & production schedules
- Assist with seasonal photoshoots including art direction, studio management, & photography
- Must submit a PDF portfolio or link to website with application
- 2-3 years of experience in design
- High proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, & InDesign, Keynote & Google applications; Invision & Sketch, a plus
- Strong organizational / project management skills & a keen eye for details
- The ability to communicate empathetically & effectively with different personalities & working types
- Experience designing across a breadth of media for a single brand, working with an existing style guide (We would like to see examples of this in your portfolio)
- The ability to think with the left brain as well as the right e.g., able to factor in data & business needs into your recommendations for collateral
- Understanding of how different design elements / layouts drive consumer action
- Experience in photography a plus but not required
- An innate openness to feedback & willingness to be flexible as we evolve our strategy in a time of growth
- A passion for food & the hospitality industry & Dig Inns mission to bring people together through food
- The ingredients to be flexible in a fast-paced culture, collaborating with your team while independently managing your day-to-day responsibilities
Work perk: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (theyre amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale. The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike. Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food. And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.