SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, & thriving communities on the pulse of what's new, now & next in culture. As one of the worlds most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, & an artist services & distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
As the worlds largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators & listeners who share, discover & influence whats new, now & next in music & audio. Creators are at the core of everything we do at SoundCloud & we want to make sure their rights are respected & their content protected.
Are you passionate about creators & intellectual property in the digital age? We are looking for someone who wants to gain in-depth knowledge of digital rights enforcement & operations to join us as a Copyright Operations Specialist within the Business & Legal Affairs organisation out of our Berlin, London, Los Angeles offices. You will be working with the SoundCloud community to educate people on how copyright law applies on the platform, as well as assisting rights holders & creators with protecting their content.
- Communicate with creators & rights holders about their copyright-related issues.
- Process reports of alleged infringement & resolve disputes related to blocked tracks.
- Improve operational processes for the team.
- Assist in or manage your own projects.
- Partner with business stakeholders to help ensure new products are compliant with copyright law & internal processes.
- Maintain the integrity of copyrighted content on the platform.
- Communicate emerging copyright issues to business stakeholders.
- Act as an internal advocate for creators & rights holders.
- Ideally, youve had experience of working within copyright operations, anti-piracy, music rights operations or a similar field & are rewarded by helping rightsholders & creators protect their content online.
- You are calm under pressure & diligent in your approach to solving problems & following operational processes.
- You have outstanding written & verbal communication skills in native-level English.
- You understand the importance of balancing all sides of an argument, & have the confidence & ability to consistently decide upon a path for resolving issues, especially when dealing with ambiguous or sensitive topics.
- You are a team player & have a willingness to work collaboratively to find solutions to complex issues, but are capable of working independently.
- You have a bachelors degree or equivalent & are OK with working the odd weekend or evening.
The salary range for this role is $60,000-$96,000 annually. The final salary offered will be determined based on relative experience, skills, internal equity, & location. We also offer a generous total rewards program - read more about additional benefits & perks below!
If youre excited about working with us to support creators & rights holders in the SoundCloud community, wed love to hear from you.
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity & Wellness benefit!
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Professional development allowance
- Flexible vacation & public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- We offer free German courses at beginning, intermediate & advanced
- Various snacks, goodies & 2 free lunches weekly at the office!
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization. With this foundation, we aim to build a social platform & global community for everyone to create, discover, & share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry & strive to develop an inclusive culture where individual contributions are valued. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group (groups focused on people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, & women). You may also participate in inclusive workshops, contribute to our Cultural Moments series, vote on organizations for the SoundCloud Community funds support, & more!