Developer Operations (DevOps) at RippleNet is responsible for communication, collaboration & integration between the Development & Operations teams so infrastructures, tools & processes are streamlined & effective for faster & automated delivery of product.
The Engineering Manager, DevOps will help lead the discovery, design & implementation of solutions to improve RippleNet infrastructure & release pipelines. These solutions, spanning all engineering teams, the entire tech stack & all of our infrastructure & tools; will include, but not limited to, developer infrastructure, build & test frameworks, CI/CD infrastructure & release process automation. As Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to develop & grow the team while also being results-oriented in leading the team to achieve goals. Candidates should enjoy working openly & collaboratively with a diverse team. It will also be important for this person to champion engineering best practices & help build a team which is open, collaborative & high performing.
What youll do:
- Interface with senior management, engineering peers & infra teams in driving strategic planning & execution of resilience & performance programs
- Help design & develop tools for automation, monitoring, & instrumentation to increase engineering efficiency & to improve customer experience.
- Lead discovery of next generation tools & work with wider peer teams on implementation, adoption & continuous improvements
- Create & automate new & existing platform & application lifecycle services, leveraging data to converge on declared states with minimal human interaction
- Act as subject matter expert, providing technical leadership & sharing your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing & driving best practices for coding, testing, & deployment
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years of hands-on experience on large scale distributed systems, with the last 4-6+ years in Java, Python, or Go; & 2+ years experience managing a team.
- 2+ years of experience in designing & operating large scale, multi-region service platforms
- Deep expertise in Kubernetes & experience working with cloud infrastructure, particularly AWS.
- Experience with at least one configuration management tool such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience with container schedulers & runtimes such as Docker, Rkt, or OCI running on Kubernetes, Rancher, or Mesos
- Experience building deployment pipelines leveraging common CI/CD tools
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, etc)
- Experience with real-time telemetry & tracing tools like Jager & Prometheus
- Preferred, experience working with AWS CLI, IAM, ECR, ECS, EC2, S3/EBS/EFS, Security Groups, VPC's, RDS/Aurora, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFront, Cognito
- Security awareness, with an emphasis on designing for security best practices
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability & securityA positive attitude & a passion for sharing knowledge
- BS in Computer Science or similar field
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant & seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain & cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity & inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing & enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses & consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, So Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavk, Washington D.C. & Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER The resources & support to be your best at work & beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies & make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, & empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates & ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours & more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, & equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical & dental & 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest & recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement & weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, & plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Were committed to building a diverse & inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.