Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
WHO ARE WE?
The Creative Operations team gets things done. We love to-do lists, checking boxes & making sure everyone knows what they have to do, & by when. Our minds are curious, & we thrive on creating order out of chaos. We continually strive to improve the way work is done by creating structure & process for each of our unique projects. We operate cross-functionally to connect the dots & ensure each project is moving ahead successfully. We thrive on bringing creative vision to life in the best quality possible & within budget. If you LOVE process, organization, have a sense of humor & are dog fanatics, come join us!
WHO WERE SNIFFING FOR
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team on a 6 month contractor basis to oversee Licensing, Brand Partnerships & Retail Customers as we develop & launch new product lines for our retail business. Reporting to the Director of Creative Operations, this is an opportunity to take on a leadership role within the Retail division of the BARK business. The right candidate will possess a curious mind & thrive on organization & process development. They will enjoy learning about new functions & developing new processes to address the challenges of scaling new business initiatives. They will have exceptional interpersonal, communication & relationship management skills to support working across multiple departments & communication with both internal & external teams. The right candidate will be a self-starter who is highly organized, detail oriented, & comfortable managing priorities on multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast-paced cross-functional environment. And, of course, the right candidate will be passionate about creating the best dog products in the world.
- Project Manager programs for our Retail business from initial brief through to final delivery across multiple departments including, but not limited to, Merchandising, Design, Operations, Sourcing, Retail, & Marketing.
- Identify project scope, create timelines & project plans with relevant departments & track progress to ensure each project is completed in a timely fashion & in accordance with brand guidelines.
- For licensing & partnership programs, partner closely with VP of Licensing & Director of Partnerships to assess & implement the contractual needs associated with each partnership. Overseeing the process of bringing license & partner programs to life in a timely & on brand manner.
- Review project briefs to extrapolate & consolidate key details to share with relevant internal teams, creating clear, actionable assignments & timelines.
- Set project milestones & deadlines & closely monitor all aspects of project progress.
- Identify, prevent, & manage risks throughout each project lifecycle, keeping stakeholders informed throughout the duration of the project.
- Manage the review & approval process with external partners, tracking & submitting approvals for various departments (e.g. design, marketing, sourcing), & communicating feedback to relevant parties.
- Facilitate efficient communication between all project stakeholders, including internal teams & partners, providing project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders.
- At least 5-7 years of relevant Project Management experience
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, & timeline
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively, out of the box thinking to get things done.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration & communication skills
- Good at building & maintaining relationships internally & externally
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, manage time efficiently, & prioritize deadlines for yourself & others
- Proficiency in project management tools, monday.com a plus
- Well-organized, proactive, & detail oriented
- A self-starter & team player
- Someone who thrives on making order out of chaos, excited to jump into a new area of BARKs business & own & develop the processes related to scaling the business further
This is a 6 month contract position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City.
Please Note: BARK requires all employees or guests entering our space to provide proof of up to date covid-19 vaccinations. Exemption and/or accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
FOR CO/NJ/NY BASED APPLICANTS:
- The hourly/daily rate for this contracted position is $50- $55/hour - max of 40 hours/week
**This compensation range is based on BARKs good faith estimate as of the date of this posting & may be modified in the future. Actual pay for this position will depend on a variety of variables including location, travel, internal equity, experience, education, skills & expertise.