A Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Sr SRE) is responsible for contributing to the development & maintenance of andros' infrastructure. A Sr SRE is also responsible for the technical direction & design choices supporting our infrastructure & development pipelines. The Sr SRE also works closely with multiple development teams enabling them to choose the best solutions & participating in the architecture & design of those solutions.
The outcomes were looking for:
- Contribute to the design, specifications & estimating of engineering projects
- Develop stable software that satisfies product requirements as well as meeting architectural specifications
- Provide constructive feedback on architectural designs & peer code reviews
- Improves & maintains the operability & efficiency of production systems as well as various build systems
- Supports & educates the development team on infrastructure & systems
Behavioral Competencies Required:
- Independent worker: Need to be able to communicate but also work independently
- Cross-team collaboration: Collaborate across teams including but not limited to Engineering, Operations, & Client Success
- Curiosity & drive: Demonstrate curiosity & a well-developed drive to find answers to questions that are currently being asked or havent yet been asked
- Excellent communicator: Comfort explaining technical problems in person & in writing
Organizational Competencies Required:
- Works hard & smart: Delivers value consistently by being inquisitive, having a high degree of accountability & working with intent
- Driven: Fueled by passion & commitment, showing tenacity to overcome obstacles.
- Outcomes oriented: Dedicated to results. Track record of improving performance
- Effective communication: Speaks & writes clearly & directly with the appropriate level of detail to communicate an idea.
- Teamwork: Work across team lines to value others contributions & support each other & drive everyone forward. #OneTeam
- 4+ years experience with AWS or other cloud services
- Advanced knowledge & experience with Terraform, Ansible, & Kubernetes
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL or other (O)RDBMS
- Self-directed, seek responsibility, & strive for excellence