Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want project managers who are passionate about driving project execution with simplicity, agility, & strong cross-functional partnership to achieve business outcomes.
As the Senior Program Manager on the Business Operations & Program Management team, you will drive program delivery for multiple business systems that will be instrumental in scaling the business. The initial program priority will be ERP delivery, with future potential programs including CRM, HRIS, & Billing. This individual will be an experienced & exceptional cross-functional leader who loves driving change within an organization & thrives in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will take ownership of the programs you are driving, focusing on collaborating to achieve outcomes. You will partner with many functions within & outside the company so clear, consistent & concise communication are going to be table stakes for success. You will be a proactive collaborator at all times while driving consensus where needed & influencing decisions when teams are stuck.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Drive project management for major systems and/or finance transformation programs including planning, prioritizing, executing, & measuring project success
- Effectively communicate to ensure program requirements, timelines, purposes, objectives & expectations are understood & supported by internal & external teams
- Aid in resolving conflicts, demands, & priorities on assigned programs
- Proactively manage changes in project scope. Work unplanned program issues to a best solution, including development of plans forward, escalation, & increased resources. Recognize risk & form mitigation plans as required
- Communicate program status to senior leadership, including C-Suite, with easy-to-read progress reports, requirements documentation, & related presentations; including explaining technical topics to a non-technical audience
- Bring your prior experience to the table to help drive key transformation programs
- Evangelize project management best practices across partner teams
What Well Expect From You:
- Proven track record for delivering cross-functional programs in a business setting on time & within budget in a fast-paced environment including assembly of project plans, leading the resolution of blocking issues, & with proper change management controls
- Experience delivering major systems transformation programs including some of the following: ERP, HRIS, CRM
- Experience working in both agile & waterfall-based environments & with the Atlassian suite (Jira & Confluence), PMP or Scrum Certification preferred
- The ability to distill complex initiatives into structured frameworks & concrete action plans
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to both make quick decisions individually & facilitate sessions where we debate, decide, & commit to a decision together as a group
- A meticulously process & detail oriented mindset, yet able to lift out & prioritize & comfortable with ambiguity & change
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent with authentic interpersonal interactions
- Ability to influence & work through others where direct reporting relationships do not exist
- Orientation to look for areas of agreement & has a down to earth approach through conflict management with an ability to hear unvoiced concerns
- Self-starter - highly self-motivated & entrepreneurial, & celebrates every win
- Working knowledge of master data management best practices & data architecture approaches
- Prior Accounting / Finance experience is a bonus
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!