Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As aSeniorNetwork AutomationEngineer, Infrastructure Reliability Engineering, your primary responsibility will be to lead automation initiatives & maintain related frameworks. You will be working very closely with operations, engineering, & monitoring teams. Our customers expect higher availability, more visibility, better performance, root cause analysis, & prediction of failures.
- Subject matter expert on operational processes & workflows, & their supporting automation & tooling.
- Write & maintain software to solve complex network management & monitoring tasks, including:
o deploying & auditing configuration of network devices
o monitoring network health, including metrics collection, visualization, & alerting
o tracking network utilization over time to assist capacity planning models
- Automate network monitoring & alerts triage as part of proactive approach to maintaining high level of service
- Collaboratively design, develop, & execute software based automation & tooling solutions to drive global operational processes & efficiency.
- Utilize scripting including Python & NETCONF to automate network device provisioning process, execute network changes & obtain data collection for reporting or analysis.
- Maintain & support Ansible automation framework & scripts
- Develop automation process for on-boarding new devices to monitoring system
- Develop & maintain tools to reduce down time in network operations, improve speed & accuracy of network changes, assist in diagnosis & remediation of advanced network problems & drive innovative solutions to reduce failure tensors
- Automate network deployment & data collection tasks to enhance the productivity & validity of the results
- Model network configuration & operational data in a platform neutral structure
- Develop testing platforms to detect network configuration inconsistencies before changes are made
- Build reports to gain intelligence about the network & detect errors early
- Document automation standards with written procedures, processes, diagrams & other technical documents
- Integrate network tools with Service Now ticketing system to improve the overall efficiency of IT operation
- Work with Engineering & Operations teams to evaluate & recommend tools, technologies & processes to ensure the highest quality operational tooling & platforms.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, functional owners, & subject matter experts to interpret business & operations needs & articulate how to address those in partnership with engineering & programs teams.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Hands-on experience in software development methodologies, experience with Python, Perl, Go, or other scripting; exposure to web services (REST, gRPC)
- Experience with YANG, JSON, XML
- Excellent communicator & team-builder, capable of establishing trust & securing partnership with all levels of the organization, from engineers to senior executives.
- Demonstrated technical understanding of technologies, tools, & processes within the ecosystem of the network technologies.
- Experience with automation technologies such as Ansible
- Understanding of the routing protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, MPLS, BGP4, OSPF, & RIP
- Impressive track record of being able to deliver on complex initiatives & possess attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills, with experience rationalizing large, disparate datasets into concrete observations/recommendations, & formalizing into new network solutions
- Ability to work on complex projects with diverse teams
- Knowledge & experience with diverse IT architectures & enterprise IT data centers, large-scale transaction processing environments, external hosted services & cloud computing environments.
- Must be both a self-starter & team player with the ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Must be extremely flexible & able to manage multiple tasks & priorities on very tight deadlines
- Prior experience with datacenter monitoring & management
- Networking Technologies such as SNMP, Netflow, Flow analysis
- Experience developing service oriented systems, REST, python
- Exposure to Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Storm, Ganglia, Nagios, openTSDB, Elasticsearch or other distributed compute platforms
- Advanced network technical certifications (e.g., CCIE etc.) preferred
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.