Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
The Copywriter sits on the Brand & Integrated Marketing team, & plays a critical role in crafting compelling & original messaging to support marketing efforts across the business. This exciting & dynamic role requires strong creative & strategic thinking as well as high-quality organization & execution. They will work to express the brand voice in a multitude of ways throughout the customer experience, from emails, to site, to paid ads, to physical assets. A successful copywriter will become an expert in the RTR voice & bring the RTR point of view to every corner of the brand, while reflecting the current cultural environment.
What Youll Do:
- Develop engaging, fashion-focused copy, styling content, promotional messaging for emails, push, site, blog, collateral, packaging, & OTT (scripts)
- Work closely & flexibly with Art Directors & Designers to develop campaigns for seasonal moments, designer launches & brand moments
- Support in developing new copy approaches for our subscriptions, liquidation & promotions
- Ideate new content franchises that reflect our new brand & content strategy
- Collaborate with the social team to develop fresh & original social & creator campaigns, with a focus on TikTok
- Deeply understand our current & future customers & identify inspiring new ways to connect with them through language
- Demonstrate excellence in editing, grammar & proofreading
- Help with social & paid marketing copy as needed
- Work with the Sr Manager, Copy to craft new brand voice & messaging guidelines that provide the entire creative organization a verbal compass
- 2 years of experience in house at a consumer-facing brand or agency
- Excellent communication, editing/proofreading, & problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, creative writing, English or fashion emphasis preferred
- Experience writing womens fashion copy (ecommerce experience a plus)
- Digital-first writing style that understands how to stands out on social platforms - specifically TikTok
- Deep understanding of current trends across fashion, music, art, design, food, travel & culture/the internet at large
- Ability to describe fashion trends & designers & give style advice to our customer in a fresh & voice
- Ability to work both alone & with a team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Must be able to prioritize & handle multiple projects at once.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 2 days a week, in accordance with Company policies
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $56,000 - $70,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.