Technical Product Manager, Retail Core Engine
Technical Product Managers at Jet are responsible for the product roadmap & driving the requirements & architecture for the next great e-commerce platform by combining their technical expertise with keen product vision. The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate about complex system interaction & software development process as well as communicating across business & engineering teams.
As a Technical Product Manager on the Supplier Experience team, you will interact with Walmarts Suppliers who range in size from Pepsi to the local corner shop to understand their needs & define the vision, strategy, roadmap & execution of key Supplier functions to create simple, elegant tools for use throughout the Supplier lifecycle.
Retail Core Engine Challenges
- Influencing business & technical teams across multiple organizations to gain consensus on strategy & tactics for developing core retail systems
- Working at scale for one of the world's largest retail companies & its e-commerce brands
- Bringing together e-commerce systems from different stacks/interfaces/engineering cultures & making them work seamlessly
- Building high availability, low latency systems to serve customers across multiple independent online stores
Are you right for us?
- You can influence stakeholders across a matrix organization to coordinate work for a common initiative
- You're equally comfortable solving both engineering & business problems
- You use data to back up your decisions but also have a bias for action
- You think like an owner & always put your customer's needs in the forefront
- You can translate product strategy into detailed requirements & prototypes
- You can scope & prioritize activities based on business & customer impact
- You work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market & optimal resources
- You act as a product evangelist to build awareness, understanding & enthusiasm
- Minimum 5 years of total work experiences (not including internships)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a product development or analytical business role (bonus for both)
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree from a respected engineering or business undergraduate program
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Proficient in office productivity (Excel/PowerPoint) & project management (Jira/TFS) tools.
- Working knowledge of a programming language (required) & a cloud technology stack (not required but a plus)
- Familiarity with iterative software development methodologies- Agile, SCRUM, etc.
About Walmart US eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, & mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build & invest in new technology including open source tools & big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, & most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime & anywhere using online, mobile, social & stores. Walmarts mission is to become the smartest way to shop & save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology & fulfillment platform, & incredible customer service, weve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.