All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, salespeople & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
About the role
Boxed is seeking an experienced SOX Compliance Manager to oversee & maintaining the companys compliance & control framework. Reporting to the Controller, the ideal candidate is a self-starter, takes initiative & exhibits a passion for building a strong control environment. This role will also assist with in developing Boxeds internal control procedures & accounting policies.
The SOX Compliance Manager will be responsible for:
- Improving & maintaining the Companys existing Control Environment.
- Building flowcharts & documenting the Companys current accounting procedures.
- Review & monitor the Companys compliance documentation including the Risk Control Matrix, process narratives & control testing.
- Identify areas of enhanced risk in the Companys control framework & recommend corrective action.
- Build & enhance an internal control environment & ensure compliance with accounting policies & SOX regulations.
- Work with all relevant IT teams to review controls, process narratives & testing strategies to ensure effectiveness & accuracy.
- Track the progress of all testing & remediation activities, provide status update to senior management
- Support the business in building out a control framework for new strategic initiatives
- Coordinate & monitor completion of the quarterly SOX section 302/906 certifications with Senior Management
- Work closely with the accounting to provide insight, recommendations, & process improvement.
- 5-7+ years of relevant SOX compliance experience with knowledge of PCAOB requirements & COSO framework
- Experience with SOX 404 testing
- CPA preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with process improvement & change management
- Proficiency in Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to multitask.
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits
- Pet-friendly office.
Check Boxed out here! For CA residents, see our CCPA Policy.