CLEAR makes life easier & more secure by using biometrics your fingerprints, eyes & face to confirm that you are you, & keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 45+ airports & other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation & more with CLEAR.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, were working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you serve as the trusted advisor between product, technology, & CLEAR customers, driving technical discovery in emerging business verticals through pilots & architecture.
If you have a strong technical background, have a product focused mindset, & are engaged in building out product experiences, this may be the role for you! The ideal candidate thrives working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; willing to push hard to be innovative; & communicate clearly.
While this role works alongside the product, technology, & business development teams, it reports directly to the Head of Partner Innovation, based in New York City.
What You Will Do:
- Research evolving best patterns & practices of extending the CLEAR platform, through hardware, software & overall architecture
- Turn research ideas into technical plans for prototypes using external resources & coordinating with internal CLEAR engineering teams.
- Create models & samples for proposed design.
- Collect, analyze & document data from tests on prototypes.
- Measure & prioritize product document requirements that assists in efficient & flawless product changes through different business requirements.
- Coordinate product changes from product concept phase through final production.
- Research & develop cost savings projects to existing products or production techniques & processes.
- Subject matter expert on new trends, materials, design etc. in the assigned product area.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of core fullstack engineering experience with a drive for continuous learning; mobile and/or web experience is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of AWS environments & tooling
- 3-5 years in customer-facing pre-sales, technical architecture or consulting role
- You have designed scalable APIs that have gone into production..
- System knowledge of both Windows & Linux environments
- Excellent communication skills, including experience with business & technical audiences