The Infrastructure Engineering teams are looking for experienced & passionate engineers to help in ensuring that customers around the world can access Squarespace sites reliably & quickly.
SQSP services a significant percentage of all internet websites & the Traffic team oversees traffic ingestion, traffic routing & traffic management. We are the "Plumbers" that make sure the pipeline is running smoothly & traffic flows as intended. We work toward iteratively improving efficiency & stability of our platform.
Traffic is a remote friendly team with members from different timezones & working arrangements. You will report to the Traffic team manager.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
You'll Get To
- Be part of DDoS Defense Task Force to improve our platform capabilities.
- Work in an asynchronous & an autonomous environment.
- Be a leader & a mentor, write code, learn from each other & have fun.
- Take active ownership of every aspect of Software Development Life Cycle for services that the team manages.
- Communicate, educate & advocate for best practices & golden/happy path.
- Make a positive impact to User Experience for our customers & their users.
Who We're Looking For
- BS, or MS degree in Computer Science or 6+ years related technical field or equivalent industry experience.
- Advanced knowledge of DNS, TLS/SSL, HTTP, IP, TCP & UDP.
- Systems-level programming experience with Golang/Python/Java, optionally C/C++/Rust.
- Familiar with load balancers & proxies such as LVS, Nginx, Varnish, HAProxy or Envoy.
- Experience with Linux kernel & low-level networking internals.
- Previously work in a 24/7/365 service & on-call environment.
- Knowledgeable with BGP, Anycast, CDN, DDoS mitigation & WAF
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.