About Day One
Day One is a community-powered platform designed for entrepreneurs who want to learn, connect and grow. We're on a mission to help more people become successful entrepreneurs, and we plan to do that by building a new kind of entrepreneurial community and leveraging community-driven education.
As the Marketing & Communications Lead, you will be the builder of Day One's brand and voice, the owner of Day One's "go to market", and responsible for generating the inbound applications that will fill the Day One Fellowship with talented, ambitious entrepreneurs. You will oversee everything related to brand, messaging, positioning, content creation and distribution, direct communication to Day One stakeholders, partnerships, and the systems and platforms we leverage to do all this.
Your goals will all center around creating a relevant, differentiated position for Day One and leveraging that across channels to drive people and partners toward Day One. The role is a mix of strategy and execution. You'll have a hand in setting direction for Day One, but will also take full control of implementing our strategy.
You'll work closely with Day One's co-founders and be a critical part of the founding team.
- Develop the Day One brand, messaging, voice, and positioning - carefully crafting copy, developing and maintaining visual guidelines, and producing content that will populate everything from our marketing website to social accounts to email communication.
- Coordinate and develop content, ranging from webinars to articles to social media posts to newsletters.
- Create and manage partnerships and co-marketing opportunities.
- Own Day One's voice and presence across social media platforms.
- Manage Day One stakeholders and craft email campaigns that deliver value and speak to our mailing list, advisors, applicants, Fellows, and Mentors.
- Drive media coverage and support PR efforts.
- Create and optimize a referral program that incentivizes partners, alumni and others to become ambassadors for Day One.
- Own and manage all marketing related systems (website, CRM, referral platform, email)
- Manage and review analytics across platforms and report on success of various campaigns and initiatives
- Over time, build out and manage a marketing, content and communications team.
- Entrepreneurial, and can operate within ambiguity to define objectives, set plans, and execute. You work well under pressure, and can balance multiple projects at once.
- Passionate about startups, love being around founders, and are interested in developing and sharing knowledge about entrepreneurship, technology, and innovation.
- An adept communicator, whether through excellent copy writing or an ease when speaking in public.
- A perceptive brand builder, and can go from a strategic view of the Day One brand to implementing each element across every channel and medium.
- A digital native who can leverage social media and other platforms to share about Day One and build a digital community around our brand.
- Are detail oriented, can manage many moving pieces, and have experience running virtual events, coordinating content calendars, and managing a CMS.
- Have experience managing marketing systems, setting up and viewing analytics, and using data to guide where Day One goes next.
What You'll Get
This role is a part of the Day One founding team. As Day One grows, you'll be a key player in our success. This role will start with a below-market salary, but quickly grow into a competitive salary. This role comes with stock options that fit the stage of founding team member.
You would start as soon as possible. You can be based anywhere, but must be able to work U.S. east coast working hours.