Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
The Codecademy team is looking for a Head of B2B Marketing to join our rapidly growing, fun & effective Marketing team. This role will lead all Business to Business (B2B) Marketing, developing the strategy, team, & operations needed to deliver significant business growth across multiple, global products.
As the leader of an essential function, you will develop & execute strategic plans, develop effective relationships with key stakeholders across the company, & identify & leverage resources within & outside the company to support our Enterprise goals. As a people manager, you will be responsible for motivating & developing a team.
The ideal candidate is broadly skilled in Marketing, has a mastery of B2B Marketing, & strong business acumen.
This position will report to The VP (head of) Marketing.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Develop a strategic marketing plan for our Enterprise business that leverages our existing strengths in brand & consumer products
- Expand our total addressable market (TAM) & customer base
- Translate business objectives, market opportunities & product roadmaps into a holistic go-to-market plan
- Set targets & measure the efficacy & efficiency of the work; working with Finance, Data Science & Marketing analytics
- Manage necessary resources to achieve plan & targets
- Understand & communicate relevant category, competitive & customer trends to improve impact & differentiate our offerings
- Drive marketing qualified leads & ultimately revenue via heightened product awareness, consideration, & conversion
- Scale & iterate our current demand generation efforts for the Teams product
- Develop a clear understanding of our customers & their motivations, codify our target audiences, & curate the data & insight necessary to evaluate performance & providing ongoing marketing insight
- Support the Enterprise business teams efforts with sales enablement, insights, content/collateral & analytics
- Collaborate with core partners in Product, Brand Marketing, Creative, & Channel Owners to realize our B2B plans
- Partner with other internal functions such as: Customer Support, Curriculum, Community, Design, Finance, Data Science, HR, & more
- Develop relationships with other brands, members of the press & influencer community, & other relevant organizations to fuel our B2B aspirations
- Work collaboratively with all partners to devise & execute ongoing launches & collaborations, across multiple channels, to bring the strategy to life
- Develop the tools & resources needed for effective & efficient workflow
- Provide leadership & direction to guide direct report(s) in their day-to-day activities
WHAT YOULL NEED
- A track record of B2B business via Marketing
- 10+ years marketing experience, at least 4 years in a B2B marketing leadership role (Tech, Subscription, & SAAS experience is a plus)
- Experience in demand generation, lead generation & account based marketing
- Expertise across go-to-market strategy, value-based selling, enabling diverse sellers, as well as messaging & positioning skills
- Experience architecting & managing meaningful B2B partnerships
- Understanding of the SAAS market, particularly the leadership & development (L&D) segment
- Experience leading, inspiring & developing a team
- Experience with marketing automation tools (i.e. Hubspot, Eloqua, Marketo)
- Self-motivated & takes initiative with an innovative mindset to drive new ideas & think outside of the box as an entrepreneurial leader.
- Exceptionally organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in building efficient & effective operations, identifying current & future challenges, & delivering results consistently
- Outstanding communication & collaboration spanning the c-suite, entry level team members & outside partners
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- A clear track record of B2B marketing success (driving results)
- Inspirational leadership that brings out the best in others
- History of turning insight into actionable ideas that build business
- Experience with indirect selling approaches
- Creativity within sales enablement
- Experience working with international expansion
- Interest in coding and/or tech education is a plus
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.