Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Our Design department is a multi-disciplinary team comprised of brand design, product design, design operations, & portfolio design. We work cross-functionally with just about every team from marketing, to product, to culture to deliver a unified customer experience & make things feel like Mailchimp.
We are looking for senior product designers who care deeply about their customers & distilling complex problems into thoughtful, beautiful, holistic experiences. Were looking for those who naturally do their best work when collaborating with engineering, product, research, data, & marketing.
As a Senior Product Designer at Mailchimp, you:
- Enjoy collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders & work transparently to create designs based on findings from research, experiment results & feedback from your team
- Are always looking for ways to craft simple solutions out of complex problems with an awareness of the market need, an obsession for detail, & an eye for sharp visual design
- Have a learn-through-experimentation mindset to solving both customer problems & business needs
- Love exploring the latest & greatest in prototyping tools while keeping emerging design patterns & visual treatments on your radar
- Work from clear problems, hypotheses & goals based on research & data
- Work iteratively & love learning fast, taking action & reacting quickly to learnings & focusing on results
- Are customer focused & value diverse perspectives
What youll do here:
- Work on a team with a product manager, several engineers, product marketing, content strategy, research & product analytics to to create holistic end-to-end experiences across domains
- Explore & refine concepts & narrow to the best solution quickly
- Work in FIGMA (and other prototyping tools) to deliver elegantly-simple solutions to the right problems defined by insights & data on web, mobile, or multiple platforms.
- Lead the creation of unified experiences across the entire customer journey that are contextual & beautiful
- Commit to understanding & knowing our users both the intangibles (emotional needs) & tangibles (functional needs)
- Advocate for our diverse customer base with hard data & in-depth research to help meet their unique needs
- Use storytelling, facilitation, & insights about our customers to create empathy & guide product teams
- Raise the quality bar for design at Mailchimp through your design work, mentorship, facilitation, & workshops
- Create research plans & participate in customer research
Wed love to hear from you if:
- Can show experience shipping multiple high impact, successful digital products
- Naturally look for opportunities to unify customer experiences across products, platforms, & domains
- Seek to understand & believes that diverse perspectives are the key to a successful implementation in a forgiving, fast-paced, learning environment
- Teammates look to you for modern & best practices when it comes to UX, visual design, patterns, systems thinking, or customer centric approaches to work
- You deeply understand how modern technologies are used with design (CSS, React JS)
- Love best practices as much as an opportunity to try something just crazy enough to work
- You have experience or a desire to mentor
- You believe you still have a lot to learn
- Have experience designing within & evolving design systems
- Know how to measure outcomes & guide design work to ensure energy is aligned with strategy
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn & are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight & views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade & within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F & R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!