Basic Books is a serious nonfiction imprint of Hachette Book Group, based in New York City. We are seeking a creative & organized intern for our Spring Publicity/Marketing Internship. This position is a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn about book publishing, & develop excellent writing & communication skills. Our interns are vital to bringing in new ideas & potential authors to the publishing house, so we are looking for critical & bustling minds with a rigorous work ethic!
- Research media contacts & maintain databases
- Assisting with galley & review copy mailings for Fall titles
- Manage department e-mail
- Draft press materials & pitches
- Basic Books is a proud member of the Perseus Books Group.
- College student or recent graduate
- Ability to start on Monday, February 4, 2019 & end on Friday, April 26, 2019 (12 weeks)
- 16 hours/week commitment
- Strong interest in book publishing
- Exceptional writing & communication skills
- Ability to work independently & take initiative
- Extremely detail oriented & organized
Since its founding in 1952, Basic Books has shaped public debate by publishing award-winning books in psychology, science, politics, sociology, current affairs, & history. Basic's list of influential authors includes Howard Gardner, Irvin Yalom, Lester Thurow, Alice Miller, Orlando Patterson, Douglas Hofstadter, Edward Larson, Beverly Tatum, Stephen Carter, Iris Chang, Niall Ferguson, Ernst Mayr, George Chauncey, Samantha Power, & Richard Feynman.