SimilarWeb is the pioneer of market intelligence & the standard for understanding the digital world. SimilarWeb provides granular insights about any website or app across all industries in every region enabling the world's biggest brands like Airbnb, Walmart, HSBC, eBay & adidas to create the strategies necessary to win market share. The company has raised over $112M & has over 500 employees across eight global offices.
SimilarWeb has been named one of Inc.com 15 Israeli Startups to Watch in 2017 and one of Business Insiders Top 50 Enterprise Startups to Bet Your Career On.
But if we want to continue helping the worlds biggest brands reimagine what is possible online, we need talented & driven individuals who are looking for the chance to make a real & tangible impact. Does this sound like you?
Due to our rapid expansion globally, we are now hiring for anAssistant Controllerto oversee our US presence. You will be responsible for managing the US accounting & financial functions of the company, reporting to the Corporate Controller in Tel Aviv, & will have close interaction with other members of our management team. You will continue to professionalize the accounting function, build process & controls, project manage larger initiatives. You will impact financial & operating results by ensuring the integrity of the recorded numbers in conjunction with analysis & insight to support performance improvements.
Responsibilities will more specifically include monthly close, balance sheet & financial analyses as well as forecasting income, expenses & cash flow. Senior Accountant will also approve expenditures, process AP transactions & payments, & assist in managing everyday operations.You will effectively challenge the organization, problem solve & be hands-on in finding solutions in a very fast growing & dynamic company.
As an Assistant Controller at SimilarWeb you will:
- Independently perform monthly close process to ensure timely reporting, including preparation of journal entries & flux analysis
- Responsibility for all salary operations & reporting, including liaising & coordinating with the providers of employee benefits & 401(k) plans
- Ensure compliance with local, state, & federal government reporting requirements & tax filings including sales tax in multiple states
- Ensure compliance with accepted accounting principles
- Participate in the preparation of accounting manuals, internal controls for accounting systems, financial procedures & instructions
- Support the preparation of the consolidated & annual financial report, quarterly financial report & other related accounting reports for the company
- In charge of proper implementation of companys processes & policies in the companys US offices (expenses, travel, etc.)
- In charge of local expenditure management such as vendors, credit cards, expense reports, etc. Will work directly with the centralized AP team & provide the inputs & guidance needed.
- Assist with FP&A & senior management requests, budgeting/forecasting queries & analysis
- Ad-Hoc projects
What will I bring to the team?
- 2-5 years of experience in accounting, CPA a plus
- Strong knowledge & experience in US-GAAP, IFRS knowledge a plus
- Start-up experience with hands-on attitude & abilities
- Experience with NetSuite ERP software highly preferred
- Familiarity with Avalara, Expensify & Trinet HR preferred
- A self-starter that can work independently to meet strict deadlines
- Results orientation; Provides high quality results
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize workload
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills - written & verbal
- Accurate & detail-oriented with high level of analytical & professional skills.
- Passion for innovative solutions & process improvement. Seeks solutions in automation.
Why choose SimilarWeb?
We believe that building a great product & a great company starts with finding amazing people & helping them grow & develop professionally & personally. At SimilarWeb, youll be surrounded by the most talented professionals & youll work across departments gaining skills & driving impact.
- Data Driven:We believe data driven decisions are the key to success & we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate:We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions & are committed to helping each other
- Excellence:Its in our nature; & we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together:We know what it takes to build a great company & a great product & it begins with valuing each & every member of our team