As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform
The Vox video team is looking for a motivated producer to help research, report & produce videos for our YouTube channel & other platforms. The ideal candidate is as comfortable collaborating with a team as they are creating a video on their own from start to finish. We have particular needs in the subject areas of science, international affairs, & music/pop culture. Any experience or proven interest in one of these topics is a huge plus.
What youll do:
- Generate & pitch original story ideas for individual videos
- Develop new episodes for existing and/or upcoming series
- Outline, script & edit videos as greenlit by story editor
- Find visual evidence in both archive material & data sources
- Develop creative visuals to explain or illustrate your stories
- Generate & maintain sources & contacts to build reporting network
- Collaborate with teammates in brainstorms, skill-sharing & co-productions
What youll bring:
- Strong skills in Adobe creative suite (Premiere, AfterEffects, Illustrator)
- A strong interest or background in one of our preferred subject areas
- Demonstrable ability to use visuals to explain complex topics & ideas
- Thorough research & reporting abilities
- Excitement about experimenting with visual formats & new styles of storytelling
- Familiarity with Vox Videos voice & style
Please attach a short cover letter describing your interest in the position & your experience in a reporting topic area. Include 3 links to examples of your work & descriptions of what your role was on the project.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
More about Vox Media:
Vox Medias portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.