Senior Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA, United States
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models & acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates & orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing & revenue recognition. At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career & leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate & innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility & accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to makeshift happen. Our culture isnt an empty branding effort our ZEOs love working here & it shows in our 4.5+ rating onGlassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, & stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet & Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai & Tokyo.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com.
The Senior Software Engineer (Software Developer, Applications) will be responsible for designing, developing, & deploying Zuora proprietary revenue recognition software products that rely on distributed computing technologies. The engineer will be responsible in designing & implementing integration between Zuora RevPro & Zuora Billing systems.
- Implement highly-efficient Data Storage APIs & with microservices design principles.
- Responsible for Integration APIs & Inter-connecting between subsystems.
- Design & implement multi-tenant software applications & architecture patterns.
- Build distributed systems, including messaging services & data storage tiers.
- Design & Architect Data Stores RDBMS (Oracle, Postgres), NoSQL Key/Value, NoSQL Document.
- Create & participate in a culture & process to for anytime deployment & zero downtime deployment.
- Develop real fast back-end components.
- Document the solutions developed & train Support & Global Service Organizations.
- Will be responsible for quality of service (with 5 9s availability of service) & respond customer escalations of the services developed.
- Enable Partners to drive adoption of the services developed.
- Build application monitoring to detect service anomalies & address these issues.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a closely related academic field; & 5 years of post-baccalaureate, progressive experience in the same or similar occupation.
- Alternate Requirements: Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a closely related academic field; & 3 years of related experience.
Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
- 3 years of experience in Revenue Recognition system.
- 3 years of experience in building cloud-native multi-tenant SAAS application.
- 3 years of experience in designing & implementing multi-tenant patterns, then ensure isolation & security of customer data.
- 3 years of experience in microservices for internal uses.
- 3 years of experience in writing Web Roles (REST services) & Worker Roles (Collectors).
- 3 years of experience creating application logging (for diagnosis) & customer level logs (for auditing).
- 3 years of experience with automated infrastructure, Automated Web Server, Load Balancer, & Custom Domains.
- 3 years of experience in implementing integration between two systems, & knowledge of integration tools like Dell Boomi.
- 3 years of experience with test-driven development for unit testing, integration testing, & load testing.