Intrigue prospects. Drive growth. Achieve goals.
Help drive growth as an integral part of our Business Development team.
The role you'll play:
The CB Insights Account Executive will guide qualified prospects toward becoming new customers. You will spend the majority of your time demoing prospects on our web-based products & following up with them with an eye on closing new business. You will be product & industry savvy (venture capital & technology should get you excited), an independent worker, & excited about building & managing your own book of business. This is a unique sales opportunity to enter into a high-growth company that has found product-market fit, but which is (very) far from exhausting its addressable market.
About the BD team:
Working as an Account Executive at CB Insights gives you the opportunity to be a part of one of the greatest sales teams. This group works together to achieve very lofty new revenue targets, while being some of the most talented & hardworking sales people around. Additionally, there is no better Sales Development Representative team working alongside you to set you up with the best opportunities to close. If you want to grow your career, work with some incredible minds in sales, & be a part of a motivated yet supportive team, the AE role at CB Insights is perfect for you.
Your main tasks:
- Own, lead, & drive the full sales cycle from first contact through contract negotiation/close
- Dig in & be hands on in learning the product, & leverage your presentation skills via web-based product demonstrations
- Achieve sales targets through identifying, qualifying, & closing business
- Maintain updated sales records & prospect status in salesforce.com with an eye toward a balanced pipeline
- Collaborate across both sales & product teams to ensure prospects get timely, conducive information that increases product knowledge & interest
- Forecast your personal sales activity, revenue achievement, & update activity/prospect status in regular sales meetings
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelors degree or higher required
- 4-5+ years experience selling software or technology solutions, services, or applications
- Must have SaaS experience
- Strong experience building a pipeline, qualifying, & identifying deals you can close
- Strong communication & persuading skills
- Proven top performance in prior roles, with growing levels of responsibility
- Advanced working knowledge of technology, venture capital & emerging industry trends
Whats CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets.
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submithereand you'll be eligible for $5,000!