Glossier is a people-first beauty company on a mission to give everyone a voice through beauty. We create physical, digital, & offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, & invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, & results-driven.
The Senior Manager, Demand Planner who will be successful in this position is someone who is confident, with the ability to evaluate business performance, develop learnings, communicate findings & translate all of this into future forecast expectations. The ideal candidate will have an incredible understanding of S&OP, forecasting concepts, brand strategy, sales execution, inventory management, beauty industry trends & other economic factors which could have a major impact on future sales performance. Youre a self-starter with a sensational curiosity to find & understand business drivers. You will develop & maintain key components of volume plans for the Glossier portfolio which will drive the annual revenue plan, P&L, gap closure & future brand actions. This role will be expected to initiate meaningful analysis & projects. Omni-channel beauty industry experience is a must with a preference for candidates who have previously worked in cosmetics and/or skincare.
Six Month Expectations
- Improve current omni-channel demand plan by developing category & SKU level forecasts utilizing historical demand, trend & seasonal data from various sources.
- Propose & implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy. Prepare a monthly MAPE report of forecast variances & determine likely sources of forecast variance so that future analysis can be improved.
- Facilitate meetings with Marketing, Finance, Wholesale & Retail to ensure forecasting objectives are achieved.
- Analyze category specific trends as well as new product launches to determine risks & opportunities.
- Align with relevant departments to tie revenue forecast & ground-up unit demand forecast.
- Lead cross-functional trade-off & scenario planning discussions.
- Work with the Director of Inventory Planning to build best in class Demand Planning processes, tools, & team dynamics.
- Demonstrate expertise with products similar to those in the Glossier portfolio.
- Anticipate & address potential supply chain challenges before they occur, & work with the appropriate parties to mitigate problems when possible.
- Aggregate forecasts & develop reports to support category growth planning & cross- functional analysis. Represent forecasting in monthly meetings with cross-functional business departments.
- Play a key role in implementing S&OP & subsequently owning Step 2 - Demand Forecast Review.
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Guide the monthly Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) meeting to review important upcoming forecast assumptions.
- Monitor & report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, & business strategies.
- Continuously meet or exceed accuracy targets & be able to clearly articulate forecast performance, assumptions & deviations to expectations.
- Translate market intelligence received into clear, specific value-added changes to the forecast, & communicate changes to Brand Managers.
- Generation & accountability to accuracy of multiple forecast levels that influences sales volume targets, P&Ls, drives gap closure discussions & capacity planning driven by a combination of statistical methods & collaboration with key partners.
- Leverage complex forecast models to derive seasonal & monthly demand patterns.
- Omni-channel beauty industry experience is a must!
- College graduate. Preferred disciplines - Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Economics or Finance.
- 5+ years of experience as a demand planning analyst or similar role in the beauty industry.
- Experience with inventory management practices.
- Knowledge & understanding of forecasting concepts for an omni-channel business, brand strategy, sales execution, industry trends, & other economic factors.
- In-depth knowledge of advanced mathematical & statistical forecasting policies.
- 3+ years of experience with ERP & data warehouse tools.
- Ability to evaluate business performance, develop learnings, communicate findings & translate into future forecast expectations.
- Build positive relationships, be open to multiple points of view & relate well to others at all levels.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (can perform complex functions), Google Sheets and/or a database application to support analysis.
- Knowledge BI tools, data visualization tools, Business Objects, statistical quantitative methods.
- Assured ability presenting to & influencing leadership.
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer & will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.