About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, & methodology to empower the worlds largest organizations to adapt to change & build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
We are looking for a high-energy, software Sales Executive who will help their team identify & bring to closure Pivotal Cloud Foundry product & service opportunities. This involves you establishing a clear vision, direction & priorities for the NYC Sales Area, inspiring the entire region (Sales, Field Engineering, Customer Success) to execute passionately against that vision & building an elite team through hiring top talent, elevating performance of sales managers, reps & mentoring/coaching/developing the team. You along with your team is expected to generate net new business as well as for maintaining & growing relationships with existing accounts. You are responsible for the overall health & sales performance of the area of defined accounts.
Pivotal Sales has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences & rediscover the power of software by using Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Labs, & Pivotal Data. Our team is growing exponentially as we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability & building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
- Ability to lead, motivate & direct a group of diverse & talented individuals.
- Ability to prioritize projects and/or deliverables.
- Ability to drive accurate & timely decisions.
- Strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management.
- Ability to operate in a matrix environment.
- Maintain operational command of the business.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Mentoring/Coaching skills.
- Considerable experience of selling enterprise software product and/or technology consulting with focus on IT
- Experience using a consultative sales approach
- Able to qualify, execute & close business opportunity under minimum guidance
- Proven ability to sell to business line & sell the business value vs. product is KEY
- Strong verbal & written communication & presentation skills
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Advanced knowledge around DevOps, PaaS, Agile, Containers
- C-Level & VP level relationships at key customer contacts
- Previous second line management experience
- Experience of working in a startup environment
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.