The best salespeople achieve the most when they are selling outstanding products, solutions, & services backed by an extraordinary company. Thats what you get when you sell for Appian. We are passionate about driving digital transformation by bringing Appian solutions that provide speed, agility, & efficiency needed to compete & grow. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference here. Join our team, where you can not only grow your career, but share the success of an industry pioneer.
Appian is looking for a high-energy, results driven sales leader to drive & manage the growth of our enterprise sales team.
The Regional Vice President is responsible for achieving the booking targets across the US. They lead a team of 4 to 8 Account Executives. This role reports directly to the Area Vice President, East, & will work with other members of the sales leadership team to ensure the overall quota is met.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- A successful track record in software sales as a sales team leader
- Experience defining territories, assigning quotas, & determining target accounts for a sales team
- Experience managing & coaching team members & assisting their sales cycles
- Experience working with resellers & channel partner teams
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: Start with Value, which is our 2 week training program focused on equipping our sales new hires with the skills & knowledge needed to be successful out in the field. You will also become certified in the ValueSelling Framework.
- Growth: Growth opportunities available through promotion & participation in different programs like Appian MBA, a development program devoted to shaping managers in the areas of leadership & communication.
- Product: Our Appian product is driving digital transformation & with our Appian Guarantee, our customers can even have their first project completed in just 8 weeks. With the market research firm Forrester estimating the low-code platform market will be around $14 billion by 2024, it is no wonder why more & more customers are turning to low-code with Appian. Hear more about our passion for the product from our Director, Solutions Consulting here.
- Culture: You will directly contribute to our double-digit year over year growth backed by a world-class collaborative sales organization. In addition, Appian offers a competitive salary & generous benefits; including a flexible time off allowance & great perks. Read more about how our sales culture values openness, curiosity, & collaboration here.
- 10+ years sales experience & 5+ years in software sales as a sales team leader
- Working knowledge of business process automation with a history of qualifying client solution areas & orchestrating multi departmental solution sales
- Excellent written / verbal communication & presentation skills
- Experience defining territories, assigning quotas, & determining target accounts
- Mentors & coaches team members & assists their sales cycles
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.