At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
This team will be focused on urban transportation & removing congestion.
- Help to define roadmap & architecture based on technology & business needs
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality & distribute knowledge
- Can help lead large projects from idea to positive execution
- Act on feedback to learn & grow
- Unblock, support & effectively communicate across teams to achieve results
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, & evangelizing appropriate tech & engineering best practices
Experience & Skills:
- Must have 5+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience or exposure to distributed systems
- Experience working with databases, relational or NoSQL
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Ability to write thorough, scalable & clear design documentation
- Designs, builds & improves a set of team owned components
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.